SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestion is highly appreciated

I have nothing to do today so I played google and searched my name... I was shocked when I found my name, address, contact details in a forum where I am not even a member.

Another member posted my personal details from my facebook account... The thing that I don't understand is, my facebook account is private and I don't understand why this dude was able to pull-up my personal profile... The forum topic is about guns... I have some decent photos of guns (personal collection) in my facebook and he used one of those images...

I joined the forum and tried to contact any admin or mod to remove my contact details there but no one is responding... the fact is, this forum is the most hated IM and webmaster forum. The forum is hosted at godaddy...

Any suggestion to that would help me solve this issue is highly appreciated.. I am in the Philippines and it seems impossible for me to file any charges against that member and the forum owner...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you have waited a while and still havent heard from the admins (do give them time to respond), you should contact godaddy directly and explain the situation, that your details are being shown without permission and you are outraged etc. They will act on it. Good luck!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by g1siberia View Post
    if you have waited a while and still havent heard from the admins (do give them time to respond), you should contact godaddy directly and explain the situation, that your details are being shown without permission and you are outraged etc. They will act on it. Good luck!
    That's what I am talking about.. Thanks a lot... I also contacted my uncle who is an attorney in Tucson and seek advice from him... The forum owner is also from Arizona and I told my uncle to wait for a week before contacting the forum owner there..