User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question on Kevin Yank's Book? "Database Driven Websites" Need Help

I'm just a beginner!
    #1---I've followed all instructions under the windows installation but I'm very confused.On page 9 to start MySqL for windows me it says to open a command prompt and proceed to the MySql bin directory and run your chosen server program by typing c:\mysql\bin> mysqld-opt

I've opened my command prompt and it immediately says: Bad command or file name
    c:\windows>

When typing the above mysql command i still get Bad command or file name. Please help???

#2---Post Installation Setup Tasks p.20
    How do I set my root password??? How do I get to my bin directory of mysql installation where I'm suppose to type: mysqladmin -u root password "my new password"
    Help???

Although I was confused about doing these things the first php script today.php worked fine.

\m/ R.I.P. Dimebag! \m/ JimBolla's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try...
    Code:
    cd \mysql\bin
    mysqld-opt
    the "c:\mysql\bin>" is actually referring to the command prompt which implies that you should already be in that folder. you're not supposed to type "c:\mysql\bin>"

Click here for more information on this topic

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Thanks

Thanks for your help it worked. As you can see I'm not a dos nerd but i'm still trying to conquer the world without it. I must enjoy learning things the hard way because I've come this far.