SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was an auto detailer one of the things we liked to do was buff about a 2 foot square spot of the hood right in front of the driver side window for free.

9 times out of 10 after they drove around for the week with that shiny new looking spot right in front of their face they would ask how much we wanted to do the rest of the car next time they came in. A lot of times people would go for it right after seeing what we could do.

I can't remember a single time they didn't go for it once they found out they could make their car look like it had a brand new paint job for next to nothing compared to painting AND have it done in less than a day.

Figure out a way you can translate that to your website pitch.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring in a Yellow Page book from 3 years ago along with the most current one.
    Explain why the Yellow pages are slimming down every year and where most people are spending their marketing dollars. Very powerful.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, let's take a reality check here: Not all small businesses need a website. The barber, for instance, may not need one if he's already got lots of repeat customers and is already well-known locally. One of their fears might be that they might that they'll be spending money on online marketing when in truth they can get by without it.

Perhaps you should look into the small businesses that will get more advantages in delving into online marketing..? This includes businesses that caters to other places outside the local area, and the businesses that can reach the community through the internet.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent points here, this is exactly what i needed as I am in startup phase.
    It certainly takes a combination of these tactics to convince most small businesses these days .... I am also not sure why they always think we are ripping them off?
    Resell Virtual Assistant Services
    Philippines Virtual Assistant from $3.95 per hour
    Quote "SPAUG10" by Aug 31 for 1 week VA Services FREE !

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Show them a good working project.. how was before and how is now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ask your small clients what exactly are they looking for.See if you can do something on that regard. If you think you are able to justice to their requirements, tell them so. Back your statements with proof or some examples. Give them viable suggestions. There is no reason why they have to say 'No' to you.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear all,

Small Business can realize some marketing benefit from a website .

A website can be used as an online business card, simple information for customers in a hurry like trying to locate the Business address to put in their GPS or call for an appointment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My suggestion is to send them a multimedia DVD of your work so that they can get a feel for what you could do for them. Also sell specifically to their needs. Don't target thousands of companies with blanket emailes. Instead check out the business and then email them with specific ways in which there business would benefit, i.e. online ordering, less staffing costs, improved customer tracking, fast customer response times etc. Pick 5 or 10 benefits to their business and then sell it to them. It might take you 30 mins to write up your findings but better to send 10 highly targeted emails than 1,000's. All you need are a couple of new contracts each week to keep you in business

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assure them that your services is worth for their business, and you can also show them your previous project that have satisfied your client.