User Tag List

Hybrid View

ALT.NET - because we need it silver trophybronze trophy dhtmlgod's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Database Schema for my new site

I've just finished a logical database schema for a new site I'm working on (avatars2go.com).

People can join the site and upload avatars and let other people comment on them, download them, etc. etc. standard stuff right now really. Anyway, I'm trying to make the db as robust a possible, so I can easily add stuf without having to worry about th db much.

Anyway, here it is,:

http://e4ums.oreosnbeer.com/aspnet/avatar2go_d1.gif

And remember, it's only the first draft, so feel free to rip it apart and show me how your actually supposed to design a db.

buried in the database shell (Washington, DC)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is 'status' used for? Why is it tied to users and comments? Is it really many-to-many (can a user have many statuses assigned to them?)?

Comments, if I am reading your description correctly, are not many-to-many. You won't have a single comment being paired up with many images and vice versa, so the image2comment table seems redundant (store an imageID in the comment table?).

numofimages is denormalized -- is that necessary? Same thing with numberrated in image table.

Looks good.

ALT.NET - because we need it silver trophybronze trophy dhtmlgod's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point about the numofimages and numberrated, I'll take them out. The userID waqs automatically carried over by Visio, and I didn't notice it, so it's not supposed to be there.

And the tblImages2Comments is redundent, I'll take that out.

Thanks.