SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Online image editing

Hi,

I am not sure if i am posting this query in the right forum but my question goes thus:

For sites like Facebook that allow you to crop your picture/rotate etc... Is there a javascript plugin out there that one can plug into ones site to be able to achieve similar? Obviously the JS script must say it to a server side script for it to be saved to disk. But how is this achieved. Is this something one can code from scratch? I am really keen using one

We're from teh basements.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's anything like the app in my signature, it has a JavaScript user interface that sends your edits to a server script, which modifies an image already uploaded to the server. So you need to be good at both DHTML and a server language such as PHP to pull it off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    indeed something like that. I am not that great with DHTML but with PHP i am very comfortable.

hm... isnt there a free plugin out there of some sort? Just wondering why re-invent the wheel!

We're from teh basements.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dele454 View Post
    indeed something like that. I am not that great with DHTML but with PHP i am very comfortable.

hm... isnt there a free plugin out there of some sort? Just wondering why re-invent the wheel!
    As I recall, I found some of the code online and adapted it to my purposes. It's been so long, I can't remember where I found it. I don't know that there are any complete packages with both the PHP and JavaScript code. You might try googling for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Though i havent been successful on this search, i will intensify.

Thanks a mil