SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Home Show Booth to advertise Freelance Web Design

I'm getting into some freelance web design and development, mainly targeting small business owners. I've got a booth at our city's upcoming home builders assoc show. People expect to see all kinds of products offered there and I think it would be a great place to advertise my services.

My space is limited, approx a booth that's 4' wide by 9' deep. What I'm looking for is any creative ideas on how to set up my booth to make it stand out from the crowd!

Thanks for reading, and if you have an idea, I'm all ears!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your biggest success in marketing will be with the vendors. As far as, how to make your booth stand out. I guess it would depend on how much you can spend. What is your budget?
    WebDesign.fm - my web design blog
    Web Design Inspiration Do Follow Blogs

Follow me on Twitter - Russ Adams

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amin7b5 View Post
    I'm getting into some freelance web design and development, mainly targeting small business owners. I've got a booth at our city's upcoming home builders assoc show. People expect to see all kinds of products offered there and I think it would be a great place to advertise my services.

My space is limited, approx a booth that's 4' wide by 9' deep. What I'm looking for is any creative ideas on how to set up my booth to make it stand out from the crowd!

Thanks for reading, and if you have an idea, I'm all ears!
    We are having our Home Show in Halifax this weekend. It's a long shot but just wondering if it's the same one.

In order to stand out I find that the use of a couple of sleek monitors like this:

would be useful in catching the attention of people. I used to set up a booth with a similar size at our Sunday flea markets to try to sell homes and pick up new clients and the use of a projector and screen helped me a great deal as it caught peoples attention before they passed by.

Goodluck at your home show!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as, how to make your booth stand out. I guess it would depend on how much you can spend. What is your budget?
    Under $1,000. I already have the booth and signage etc... but I could spend up to 1,000 more to get a tricked out booth!

We are having our Home Show in Halifax this weekend. It's a long shot but just wondering if it's the same one.
    Sorry! I'm in Rapid City, SD and our show is the end of this month. You're welcome to stop by though.

The displays are a great idea. I was thinking about setting up two workstations with monitors and having a sort of full screen interactive flash demo, where people can click around, see my work, yadda yadda. The trick is it would have to be interesting and provide some kind of entertainment value.

Thanks for the ideas so far!