SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blogging for Money

Are you blogging for money? If yes, then what do you do to generate money and maintain a good inflow of traffic?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Free Advertisement for making money where i can post my own ads, after dat i can publish the ads for which i'll be paid for, i can post the articles for the companies on my blog for which companies will pay me for publishing thier articles on my blog.. there are lot more things which can generate but for this we have to update our blog regularly as if the blog will not be having good traffic ranking, it will not help us in generating a single penny for us.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I blogging for money ,and I hired by the hours I spent to promote my blogs that already "bought with them -Indirectly" pay for 3-4 hours daily,works that i do now is simple and give me freedom as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectMoney View Post
    I blogging for money ,and I hired by the hours I spent to promote my blogs that already "bought with them -Indirectly" pay for 3-4 hours daily,works that i do now is simple and give me freedom as well
    So you blog for yourself? You earn through adsense?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I blog primarily for my company, so, I guess you could say I am blogging for money. However, I do not have ads whatsoever on my blog, and the traffic is not incentivized.
    A one stop shop for your website

= [ http://www.bogmil.com ] =

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deusdies View Post
    I blog primarily for my company, so, I guess you could say I am blogging for money. However, I do not have ads whatsoever on my blog, and the traffic is not incentivized.
    what is the benefit of your company if they are not having ads on blog?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, my desire is that my clients stay on the company's website for as long as they can. Giving them interesting posts to read will surely improve my CR ranking. Also, if someone reads the blog, he/she might become interested in becoming our client after the blog is read.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deusdies View Post
    Well, my desire is that my clients stay on the company's website for as long as they can. Giving them interesting posts to read will surely improve my CR ranking. Also, if someone reads the blog, he/she might become interested in becoming our client after the blog is read.
    Certainly, this is a good way to use blog for enhancing business. I may try to incorporate what I have learned from you. Blog is a good source of money this way also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's my pleasure. Glad I helped!

Not to mention that blogging is fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adstiger View Post
    what is the benefit of your company if they are not having ads on blog?
    correct me if i am wrong. by experience i find that a blog on a website is a nice way to keep the site updated on a regular basis, which means SEs will crawl it more often because of the fresh content, which can result in higher rankings in the SEs.

also a blog is a good avenue to get your brand out there. the website will do that, but the blog's unique voice will enhance it.
    My Freelance Life: Online Writing Jobs

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, updated blog help a lot. It will help you to get targeted traffic as blog tend to rank better due to fresh/unique content. thus there are more chances people will get your blog and thus will redirect to you main website/web business
    Fully Managed Dedicated Server with 24/7/365 Live support.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you get paid to blog, the material you provide usually needs to be original and once posted, the copyright and use goes to the network paying you. If you have your own blog on the same or similar subject, you usually are not allowed to use that same material on both.

In addition to getting paid directly for blogging, there are also a number of other ways that you can earn money such as paid advertising through such programs as Google Adsense, text link advertising, affiliate programs, etc. There are advantages and disadvantages to each method of earning money by blogging and which you pursue depends heavily on how you blog and what you are looking to get out of your blogging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by janice2009 View Post
    When you get paid to blog, the material you provide usually needs to be original and once posted, the copyright and use goes to the network paying you. If you have your own blog on the same or similar subject, you usually are not allowed to use that same material on both.

In addition to getting paid directly for blogging, there are also a number of other ways that you can earn money such as paid advertising through such programs as Google Adsense, text link advertising, affiliate programs, etc. There are advantages and disadvantages to each method of earning money by blogging and which you pursue depends heavily on how you blog and what you are looking to get out of your blogging.
    Please guide about methods of encashing other than adsense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I blog for the benefit of my client sites. And I make money from those blogs thru ads, I always update it with useful and quality content.

How to generate money with them? Click your own ads. LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't blog for money. It's some kind of a passion. And I also use my blog to provide inbound links for the sites I handled before...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, many webmaster just blog for getting backlink for their main site as it would be relevant backlink which would be good for your website and will help you for SERP.
    Fully Managed Dedicated Server with 24/7/365 Live support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a site that I play around on that I do.. i dont make a whole lot but that wasnt the goal.

SitePoint Enthusiast indigobean2003's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found that the easiest way to make money is to ad Adsense ads. Later on I started experimenting with Affiliate ads, it was more work, but I made more.

My traffic hasn't been affected much by the ads, but I don't have that many.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Less work for adsense if you have a really good guide. Affiliates are just fine but it takes time to make money out of them

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having a adsense code on the website and then regularly updating the website with content.... not all at once and not once in a while keep it updated regularly ... build some backlinks and submit to social bookmarkign websites!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Affilate ads does not pay much as they have minimum pay threshold

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I do, but i am such a begginer. I don't know if i am going to make some $$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have more success with my sites than with my blogs. The blogs bring in occasional dollars...

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes...I blog for money...
    I put advertisement in my blog...
    In that way I enjoy my blogging activities and make money as well...
    double purpose...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, i'm trying to blog for money, but that's rather just some additional income from the advertising and not 'pure blog for money'.
    And best traffic inflow is seo optimization, adwords and building hard links.