User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Drupal Right For Me?

Hi.
    I'm currently evaluating all the CMS options out there, and so far I seem to be leaning toward Drupal. I'd love to spend the time really trying out all of the biggies, but my time is insanely limited unfortunately. I've been trying to track down someone that is using drupal in a similar way to what I'm going to do, but have had no luck. So I thought I'd toss my requirements here, and if someone can give me any suggestions, I'd owe them some chocolate chip cookies. Seriously, I'll ship them. You won't be disappointed.

1. Integration with Salesforce- We're using salesforce for CRM and want our CMS to communicate with Salesforce. I've seen that Drupal has a Salesforce module, so I'm guessing this is pretty straightforward.

2. Different user classes- We're running a subscription-based service and will have both free and paid options. When a user registers, we need to know whether they're a paid or free user so we can display the correct content based on their user level.

3. e-Commerce- Since we are going to have a paid user level, we'll need to charge them. I'm sure this can be accomplished using drupal and a credit card processing service, but I thought I'd list it anyway.

4. Integration with a marketing automation solution. Since the big ones like marketbright and marketo are tightly integrated with salesforce, this shouldn't be a problem, but since I'm new to marketing automation software, I thought I'd ask. If I'm using something like marketo to create landing pages and tracking campaigns, am I going to have any problems doing lead scoring and tracking based on which CMS I select?

Again, thanks so much for reading this. I'm coming from a PHP/MySQL background where I was the one guy hacking away to get something to work. Now that I'm in a role where I have to use a CMS that talks to SF and marketing automation stuff, it's a little bit out of my experience. Any tips or suggestions are helpful.

Thanks again.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are so much drupal extensions I am sure you can do that stuff with drupal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not consider e-commerce solution like magento or cs-cart. Then you can modify that solution to fit your needs. Instead of modifying drupal to fit you e-commerce needs.
    CUBE SCRIPTS MEDIA
    REAL ESTATE SCRIPT 2.0 | Software for Real Estate Agencies

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I'd do, tomovuk.