User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Innovative Property websites

Hi Guys,

I'm doing a bit of research into property websites with view to possibly building one.

I would like to incorporate most recent best practises like AJAX and Google maps.

I have scoured google for "innovative property websites" etc, but the only interesting interface I found was this one.

Does anyone know of site I should check out or have any suggestions of things they would like to see or have seen on different sites / niches?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you like so much about that site?

solas, it all depends on what you want the site to do. What's your objective?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that it's interface is so different to the usual property website, which is loud and full of noise...

It's basically reponds to the user immediately and starts returning data that's most likely what you're looking for.

Less noise essentially....more responsive...

Most other property sites rely on drop down boxes etc...

It might be nice for example to go from that search box directly to a Google map with properties embedded.

It seems to me like it can all be done better and I'm interested in what others think...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, the "usual property website" that you're mentioning, solas, does feel quite cluttered.

I like the idea of a simplistic website.

It might be nice for example to go from that search box directly to a Google map with properties embedded.
    I wouldn't have it go just to a map. Along with it, I would be wanting to include pricing info, neighborhood stats, and stuff like that.

Hope that helps some, cheers.

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    More than innovative, I would look for an informative site. The real difference would be if you can classify all that information and show it in such a way that doesn't feel cluttered.