SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Guru in training bronze trophy SoulScratch's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The behavior broke because the code was modified and the assignment operator was removed, resulting in a syntax error. To fix this, change

Code:
    el.style.display str;
    back to

Code:
    el.style.display = str;
    The declarations specified for .ismore are apparently being overridden because I said to update the other element's selectors, to solve this we make the .ismore more specific like so ( in the css ):

Code:
    table#data_table td.ismore {
    inline-block and inline
    An inline element is an element that appears inside of a block level and usually does not have dimensions defined:

Code:
    <p><span>text</span></p>
    The span inside of the paragraph is inline level, and for non-replaced elements ( <span>, <b> ) you cannot define dimensions ( though sometimes replaced elements can be given block level styles and adhere because they're special - such as img, iframe, form controls and some other elements ). inline-block is a display mode which lets regular inline elements such as <span> be given dimensions, so you can define say a width of 50px and a height of 20px for that span and it appears inside of a paragraph along with other text, but is special. So by stating inline-block on a table you were basically telling it to pretend it was contained inside of a block level instead of its own box, limiting/restricting what declarations could be applied to it and certain behavior.

I'll get to styling that back button or whatever is left over in a few, after these have been updated
    Cross browser css bugs

Dan Schulz you will be missed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoops on the =. Sorry about that.

I don't understand a lot of development jargon as I'm essentially self-taught, and self-taught by hands-on experience rather than books, etc. I wasn't sure what you meant by updating the selectors, but fixed now

Guru in training bronze trophy SoulScratch's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently there was a rendering engine inconsistency between Firefox and Safari/Opera and so the way I styled it messed the vertical aligning in Safari. This should make it consistent, assuming this is the only page containing the .heading_option element:

Code:
    .heading_option {
        float:none;
        margin:-11px 0 0;
        padding:0;
        text-align:right;
    }
    If you need less spacing above the top of the table, add top negative margins.
    Cross browser css bugs

Dan Schulz you will be missed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all your help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I decided to make one small change—to have the "Tank Details" heading update along with the details themselves. Unfortunately, I broke some of the code again. You can see that only the first tank will work.
    http://www.myhybridcar.com/fuelecono...ar.php?cid=119
    Sorry for all the trouble, but would you mind please providing a fix? Thanks