Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pro Level CMS recommendations?

Hi folks, I've been asked to bid on a CMS project for a membership driven
    association. It would have a front end public with information, but forums,
    rosters, and shopping cart for purchasing convention tickets, collecting
    dues, etc. would all be private for members only. Blogging ability, although public to read, member only posting.
    They've also requested access to form posting to congress for legislative concerns...
    Although I've used Joomla,
    the management of it is too time consuming. I'd be willing to pay for an out
    of the box solution that can be modified, but want to know if anyone has
    used some high quality CMS he or she can recommend that has all those
    features and functions well, with admin that may require some learning to
    modify, but works with ease once up and running, and is not a security risk.

TIA,
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you checked cmsmatrix.org? I am like a broken record when it comes to answering CMS recommendation questions but the site is a really great resource or at least was. It should provide you with a comprehensive list of all CMSs available with detailed functionality/features information on each.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by falsealarm View Post
    Have you checked cmsmatrix.org? I am like a broken record when it comes to answering CMS recommendation questions but the site is a really great resource or at least was. It should provide you with a comprehensive list of all CMSs available with detailed functionality/features information on each.
    Thanks, I'll check it out. I was hoping for some feedback from real people in the field who have actually used something for that purpose... but I will check out the site. My concern is not just a comparison of features, but use-ability, reliability, and support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jefferis View Post
    Hi folks, I've been asked to bid on a CMS project for a membership driven
    association. It would have a front end public with information, but forums,
    rosters, and shopping cart for purchasing convention tickets, collecting
    dues, etc. would all be private for members only. Blogging ability, although public to read, member only posting.
    They've also requested access to form posting to congress for legislative concerns...
    Although I've used Joomla,
    the management of it is too time consuming. I'd be willing to pay for an out
    of the box solution that can be modified, but want to know if anyone has
    used some high quality CMS he or she can recommend that has all those
    features and functions well, with admin that may require some learning to
    modify, but works with ease once up and running, and is not a security risk.

TIA,
    Jeff
    Take a look at Kentico dot com a pretty stable and seems to have many of the features your looking for check out the features page. I know friend of mine is using it for his site/s. I'm also looking to take our company to this CMS still doing more testing - btw you can download and install to test a free copy or sign-up for a 7 online test to see if you really like the features.

Everton
    Putting the web to work for You.
    http://www.ebbswebs.com/

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, thanks. I use php/mysql and apache servers. Because of the security issues on windows servers, if the client wants that, I send them to other providers...
    Jeff

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can have a look at Elxis CMS (based on Mambo) - it is a great piece of software, out of the box blogging system for all users, access levels, custom user fields, extensive security, seo etc. There are paid addons like a shopping cart system etc.

You can contact the owner and establish a partnership on how to develop / extend / customise the cms.