SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manage FTP Accounts

Hi,

I was wondering how you manage all your different FTP accounts? Right now I have an Access database that has all the information, but I am looking to move away from that as its on my PC, and I work mostly on my Mac.

Is there any online service that you know of? I would like to move all the accounts online so I can access and manage them from anywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you talking about managing logins and passwords for your own FTP accounts? If so, any decent FTP Client should provide you with a site manager functionality. I use FlashFXP to keep track of all my FTP access.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I use FileZilla (PC) and Transmit (Mac) and have all my sites in my "Favorites", but if I need to reference a password, I'm not able to as their encrypted (ie. •••••). Thats why I'm currently using an Access database to manage all the logins, etc.

I would really like to move it over to my Mac if there is any application? I guess I could also use an Excel spreadsheet also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found 1Password just the other day. Its exactly what I'm looking for. You can save all your different account information for websites, FTP info, identities, credit cards, etc. This product is awesome, I can't tell you how many times I used to have to go back and search emails to find logins for all my different hosting accounts.