User Tag List

Hybrid View

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eclipse PDT annoying autocomplete issue

This happens to me in both the 1.0 branch and the 2.0 branch. I do have Aptana installed as a plugin but the default editor is set to PDT so shouldn't be intefering.

Whenever I type "if", "swi", then ctrl+space for auto complete it shows what is in the image above. The annoying thing is it should just insert the template as soon as you press ctrl+space but instead it shows this menu with a useless entry above the actual template I want to use, so not only does it not auto-complete I have to manually click on the correct template, this happens on all the standard templates.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Theoretical Physics Student bronze trophy Jake Arkinstall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't use eclipse, but have you defined another template for 'if'?

In which case it'd just be asking which you'd want - so remove the extra template.
    Jake Arkinstall
    "Sometimes you don't need to reinvent the wheel;
    Sometimes its enough to make that wheel more rounded"-Molona

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope no extra templates, have searched hi and low for any duplicates but there is nothing I can see that would be causing it. The first "if" is not actually a template it just adds parentheses so is pretty useless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tried this on my Eclipse with Aptana setup for php editor and it does the same thing.
    I never noticed that because I never use autocomplete for "if"

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The autocomplete is the good of certain text-editor, you should have loved it instead. Anyway go to options or preferences, there is normally a tab call suggestion/autocomplition ,you can disable certain autocomplete feature but mostly you are limited to what you can do.

So i suggest download some other text-editor, or use Dreamweaver, which is very good

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just downloaded the latest stable PDT all-in-one build and it does the same thing, if anyone knows a way around it I'd be rather grateful.

Also it's for any core template like switch, while, for etc. so I don't see the point of it because its semi-auto-complete at best.