SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

learning CFFunction

I am at http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion...talling_1.html for learning cfunction tags

(1) Since I don't understand it I like to know where I can see about more simple CFFunction.

(2) What is different from CFFunction and CFComponet?

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) The link you posted is about installing ColdFusion. Start with the section on cffunction and cfcomponent
    http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion...talling_1.html

2) Loosely put, a cffunction is a block of code that performs a task. A component is an object that can contain many cffunctions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfStarlight View Post
    1) The link you posted is about installing ColdFusion. Start with the section on cffunction and cfcomponent
    http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion...talling_1.html
    Sorry I meant that Installing ColdFusion > CFML reference > ColdFusion TAGs > CFFunction.

2) Loosely put, a cffunction is a block of code that performs a task. A component is an object that can contain many cffunctions.
    Ah, cfc is more wider than cffunctions. Thank you.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's worth noting that CFCs are only available from version 6 of ColdFusion and above.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkee21 View Post
    It's worth noting that CFCs are only available from version 6 of ColdFusion and above.
    Ah, Thank you.

My ColdFusion is above 6.

By the way, I made code2 from code1.
    But Both code1 and code2 fails to replace '& middot' to 'my_middot' which is in a form.myText.
    Code:
    code1

<cffunction name="HtmlUnEditFormat" access="public" returntype="string" output="no" displayname="HtmlUnEditFormat" hint="Undo escaped characters"> 
          <cfargument name="str" type="string" required="Yes" /> 
          <cfscript>
             var lEntities = "&##xE7;,&##xF4;,&##xE2;,&Icirc;,&Ccedil;,&Egrave;,&Oacute;,&Ecirc;,&OElig,&Acirc;,&laquo;,&raquo;,&Agrave;,&Eacute;,&le;,&yacute;,&chi;,&sum;,&prime;,&yuml;,&sim;,&beta;,&lceil;,&ntilde;,&szlig;,&bdquo;,&acute;,&middot;,&ndash;,&sigmaf;,&reg;,&dagger;,&oplus;,&otilde;,&eta;,&rceil;,&oacute;,*,&gt;,&phi;,&ang;,&rlm;,&alpha;,&cap;,&darr;,&upsilon;,&image;,,&rho;,&eacute;,,&lt;,&cent;,&cedil;,&pi;,&sup;,&divide;,&fnof;,&iquest;,&ecirc;,&ensp;,&empty;,&forall;,&emsp;,&gamma;,&iexcl;,&oslash;,&not;,&agrave;,&eth;,&alefsym;,&ordm;,&psi;,&otimes;,&delta;,&ouml;,&deg;,&cong;,&ordf;,&lsaquo;,&clubs;,&acirc;,&ograve;,&iuml;,&diams;,&aelig;,&and;,&loz;,&egrave;,,&amp;,&nsub;,&nu;,&ldquo;,&isin;,&ccedil;,&circ;,&copy;,&aacute;,&sect;,&mdash;,&euml;,&kappa;,&notin;,&lfloor;,&ge;,&igrave;,&harr;,&lowast;,&ocirc;,&infin;,&brvbar;,&int;,&macr;,,&curren;,&asymp;,&lambda;,&frasl;,&lsquo;,&hellip;,&oelig;,&pound;,&hearts;,&minus;,&atilde;,&epsilon;,&nabla;,&exist;,&auml;,&mu;,,&nbsp;,&equiv;,&bull;,&larr;,&laquo;,&oline;,&or;,&euro;,&micro;,&ne;,&cup;,&aring;,&iota;,&iacute;,&perp;,&para;,&rarr;,&raquo;,&ucirc;,&omicron;,&sbquo;,&thetasym;,&ni;,&part;,&rdquo;,&weierp;,&permil;,,&sigma;,&sdot;,&scaron;,&yen;,&xi;,&plusmn;,&real;,&thorn;,&rang;,&ugrave;,&radic;,&zwj;,&there4;,&uarr;,&times;,&thinsp;,&theta;,&rfloor;,&sub;,&supe;,&uuml;,&rsquo;,&zeta;,&trade;,&icirc;,&piv;,&zwnj;,&lang;,&tilde;,&uacute;,&uml;,&prop;,&upsih;,&omega;,&crarr;,&tau;,&sube;,&rsaquo;,&prod;,&quot;,&lrm;,&spades;";
             var lEntitiesChars = "&#231;,&#244;,&#226;,&#206;,&#199;,&#200;,&#211;,&#202;,Œ,&#194;,&#171;,&#187;,&#192;,&#201;,?,&#253;,?,?,?,Ÿ,?,?,?,&#241;,&#223;,„,&#180;,&#183;,–,?,&#174;,‡,?,&#245;,?,?,&#243;, ,>,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,&#179;,?,&#233;,&#185;,<,&#162;,&#184;,?,?,&#247;,ƒ,&#191;,&#234;,?,?,?,?,?,&#161;,&#248;,&#172;,&#224;,&#240;,?,&#186;,?,?,?,&#246;,&#176;,?,&#170;,‹,?,&#226;,&#242;,&#239;,?,&#230;,?,?,&#232;,&#190;,&,?,?,“,?,&#231;,ˆ,&#169;,&#225;,&#167;,—,&#235;,?,?,?,?,&#236;,?,?,&#244;,?,&#166;,?,&#175;,&#189;,&#164;,?,?,?,‘,…,œ,&#163;,?,?,&#227;,?,?,?,&#228;,?,&#188;, ,?,•,?,&#171;,?,?,€,&#181;,?,?,&#229;,?,&#237;,?,&#182;,?,&#187;,&#251;,?,‚,?,?,?,”,?,‰,&#178;,?,?,š,&#165;,?,&#177;,?,&#254;,?,&#249;,?,?,?,?,&#215;,?,?,?,?,?,&#252;,’,?,™,&#238;,?,?,?,˜,&#250;,&#168;,?,?,?,?,?,?,›,?,"",?,?";
          </cfscript>
          <cfreturn ReplaceList(arguments.str, lEntities, lEntitiesChars) /> 
       </cffunction>
    #HTMLunEditFormat(form.myText)#

code2

<cffunction name="HtmlUnEditFormat" access="public" returntype="string" output="no" displayname="HtmlUnEditFormat" hint="Undo escaped characters"> 
          <cfscript>
             var lEntities = "&middot;";
             var lEntitiesChars = "my_middot";
          </cfscript>
       </cffunction> 

#HTMLunEditFormat(form.myText)#
    <cfoutput>
    Do you see what's wrong in my applying the CFfunction above ?

(The code1 is from http://www.coldfusionjedi.com/forums...3F5726B8607FD8 .)

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look for the simple/obvious problems first.

1) You will have to examine your input value. Does it acutally contain the sequence of characters you are trying to replace?
    2) Is it in the same case, because according to the documentation ReplaceList is case sensitive.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look for the simple/obvious problems first.
    Yes, I need it.

1) You will have to examine your input value. Does it acutally contain the sequence of characters you are trying to replace?
    The following code contains & middot(). It actually has only & middot().

2) Is it in the same case, because according to the documentation ReplaceList is case sensitive.
    Does & middot() has Case?

Code:
          <cfscript>
             var lEntities = "&middot;";
             var lEntitiesChars = "my_middot";
          </cfscript>
       </cffunction> 

<cfoutput>

<form action='test.cfm' method='post'>
    <textarea name='myText'><cfif isDefined('form.myText')>#trim(form.myText)#<cfelse></cfif></textarea> 
    <input type='submit' value='submit'>
    </form>

<cfif isDefined('form.myText')>
    #htmlUnEditFormat(form.myText)#
    </cfif>
    </cfoutput>
    You can see the code above doesn't replace & middot() at http://dot.kr/x-test/test.cfm

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It actually has only & middot().
    You have to check the value of form.myText _after_ the form is submitted. That is debugging 101 and the first thing you should have done. Does it contain the literal string "& middot"? Not the charcter - that literal string. If it does not, then obviously your function will do nothing. Which is correct.