For Sociology I am writing a paper and we have to do a survey and use some of the information in the paper itself. For those who have a couple of minutes to spare, if you could possibly answer the following questions - I would greatly appreciate it.
1) Do you support the death penalty? Yes/No
2) When should the death penalty be used?
3) Since when does it make it right for the government to execute someone?
4) Do you belive that the eye-for-an-eye theories should be used? In this case life-for-a-life.
5) On a scale of 1-10, how inhumane do you consider death by leathal injection to be?
6) What about cases in which the person was proved guilty beyond reasonable doubt; yet lacked any "decent" evidence such as DNA, video, or credible witnesses?
7) How would you like to be strapped down onto a gurney?
8) What do you think is the next best alternative?
9) For those who support the death penatly; why do you support it?
10) For those who do not support the death penalty; why don't you support it?
11) Do you believe mentally retarded murderers should be executed? Explain why or why not.
Choose only #9 or #10; and I appreciate your responses.