User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Email to Fax Machines

Hello,

I'm looking for a way that I can automatically send information from online to a physical fax machine. The method needs to be able to be embedded into PHP as well. The best method I can think of would be to find a way to send an email to a fax machine. I've looked through various services but most of them are more for having a virtual fax machine then for sending to a physical one from the virtual world.

Does anyone know any services (or any programmatical ways) to send an email (using the mail() function in PHP) to get it to go to a fax machine? Or if you know how to send information directly to a fax machine that would work as well.

It doesn't really matter if it's a paid or free method, as long as it's reliable and isn't crazy expensive.

Thanks.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    eFax.com has email-to-fax and a developer center.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help, Dan. I came across them as well and it looks like they're probably the best for the price/coverage that I can get for this particular project.

I came across http://tcp.int, which was promising, but unfortunately doesn't cover the areas I need and it isn't cost effective to set up a server specifically for it (or at least not yet).

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I actually found a better service: http://www.rapidfax.com/

It allows me to simply do something like 18003243542@rapidfax.com to send a fax to their machine (like the tcp.int except with coverage everywhere). Also, it's about $9 cheaper per month which means I can charge my clients less per month for the service as well.

The eFax looked promising, but their developer stuff was overkill for this project (had to create a secure connection, XML document, encode it, and more just to send it), and the price was pretty high so that was also troubling. For a more major application it may be better, but definitely not for this project.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally like efax. I never faced any problem with it.