User Tag List

Git-R-Done
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updating Web Page via Browser?

Hello,

I am putting together a website for a friend and he would like to be able to edit his website every couple of days (just text). He would like to be able to do it through a web browser.

Does anybody know of a free script that will allow him to make changes to a few of his pages like this? I've already looked around on some of the free script sites and couldn't find anything. I don't need anything real advanced, just something that will get the job done.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

John Saunders

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not sure about scripts, but what about Server-side includes? you know- the .inc files? all you have to do is link the html page to that .inc file so that every time you change it the html page is also updated. That's one idea that i can tell.. and .inc files are just text files that can be created in notepad... Or if you want a bigger one - try a database-driven site...

hope this helps...

Git-R-Done
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Thats a good idea and I'll probably end up doing that if I can't find another solution. Here's an example of what type of script I'm looking for:

For example, say I put a tag the script looks for in the code that defines the main body of the page (where just text is)

<!-- START HERE -->

<1-- END HERE -->

Then the script would know anything in between these tags is editable and will pull it all up in a large form box. Then he can just make the changes, hit save, and the content would be updated on the web page.

Anybody know of something like this?

John Saunders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried looking @ ResourceIndex? C/C++, Perl and PHP/MySQL scripts. I personally think that using SSI would be the best idea if you are trying to keep things simple though.