SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Billing/Project/Customers all in one

Have any other web dev's out there build an app to take care of their billing, project management & customer's all in 1 app? I've been wanting to build one, and have started, but there's just never enough time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I was pondering on this idea for some time. I even got one of our developers to start sketching things for it. And then it sort of dawned on me that such a thing will be useless.
    Here's why. My company's relationship with clients is more personal than it is formalized. Yes, we have contracts, agreements and such, but I rarely can ask clients to file a request via ticket system. Or follow-up via e-mail. Most of the stuff is done over the phone or in person. Yes, it is time-consuming, but it gives you a better idea of what client wants AND gives client more confidence that the job will be done right.

Our payment terms are quite flexible, taking into account the nature of client's business. So formal invoice would be like throwing stuff into their face when we're trying to create a more personal touch to tending to their needs.