SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help With Freedback Forms

Hello, I am wondering if anyone can help me make sense of Chapter 7, p.290 and forward of "Build Your Own Website The Right Way..." 2nd Ed. The part about Signing up for Form Processing. I signed up for a freedback account as instructed, and on p.291 instructions say "Then simply add other fields (e.g. telephone numbers, date of event, etc.) as show in Figure 7.29. It says "making sure to add all the fields that we want to capture in our form."

When I look at the freedback HTML that the book provides, its much more complete than what I generated. There's missing markup I'm afraid. I guess I haven't figured out how to "simply add other fields" - which fields? From where?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Greg, and welcome to SitePoint! Are you referring to the first or second edition of the book?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dan,

2nd Edition.

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I don't have that one yet.

The book's author hangs out around here. If nobody else pops in, I'll PM him to see if he can help.

In the meantime, what does YOUR code look like, and what does the code the book use look like? (For comparison purposes only.)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dan, Since I haven't posted 10 posts I can't paste my code and the Freedback code since they both have website links.

I got as far as taking Freedback's opening form tag and pasting it over the opening <form> tag in my contact html page and then pasting the hidden inputs just after Freedback's opening form tag just after the opening form tag in my contact html page. I was then supposed to go through each of the form fields generated in Freedback taking just certain parts of the markup and pasting them into the contact page. But that's when I got confused.

Greg

Thanks!

Greg

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dan,

I figured out what data to enter and how to enter it in Freedback. I think I can probably figure the rest out, but if I have further problem I'll contact you. Thanks again.