SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Recommend WordPress Plugin for Social Media Bookmarking

Greetings, all --

I had been using the WordPress plugin, ShareThis, on my photoblog. But after reading the Terms of Service, I deactivated it because the terms include allowing the ShareThis folks the right to use all the blog's content as they wish. And that's not something I wish to do.

1) Can someone personally recommend a WordPress plugin providing social media bookmarks which does not lay claim to the content of one's blog?

2) If you recommend a plugin, would you mind directing me to a website where I can see that plugin in use? I'd like to see how the bookmarks actually look.

Thanks for any help.

Deb
    Deb Phillips
    The Photo Gal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checking back in here. No thoughts or recommendations on a WordPress social media bookmark plugin that does not infringe on content copyright?

Input will be much appreciated. Thanks!
    Deb Phillips
    The Photo Gal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't help you sorry, just wanted to say that I am glad I read your post and I am going to look into it a little closer -- I also use the sharethis plugin but will be removing it right away if what you say is accurate.
    RealityTVFan.org -- Reality TV from around the world.

UK Bargains -- Tips, Tricks and Killer Bargains

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for responding, RealityTVFan. It's been months since I dropped the ShareThis, so when you said you weren't aware of this, I decided to look again at the ShareThis Terms of Service...just to make sure I hadn't misunderstood the terms.

And...actually, the terms state (in point #10) that they don't own any of a website's content, but they do have the right to use the content "in connection with the operation of ShareThis, including the right to copy, transmit, publicly display and reformat your submissions on ShareThis."

I guess I need to think this over some more.

Thanks for replying. I appreciate it.
    Deb Phillips
    The Photo Gal