SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Word Press Comments Not Showing

HI. I've been making comments on several dofollow blogs lately. But over the past few days, every time I try to make a comment, the page refreshes and nothing happens.

It does not even show "your comment is awaiting approval" or anything like that. It's simply not there. None of my comments are. And every blog I try to post on is doing this.

Even the blogs that I have made 20+ comments on are now doing this to me.

Any ideas why?

*please note: My comments are NOT spam. They are relevant to the topic of the post and I am not even placing URLs in my comments (just my user name).

I have renewed my IP, cleared my cache and temp. files. But still no luck.

thanks in advance.
    Last edited by BransonPro; Feb 14, 2009 at 07:43. Reason: typos

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two possible reasons

1) You have been reported by Akismet plugin enough times and it could be placing your comments into the blogs spam folder. I believe they track you by your url or email address. Change those on one of the sites and see if it takes it. If you have been marked as a spammer I believe you can email them and ask to be removed. (I think)

2) The other possible reason is that the moderator reviews each comment before it goes live. Thats what I do and it occasionally takes a couple days.

Good Luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by altesino08 View Post
    Two possible reasons

1) You have been reported by Akismet plugin enough times and it could be placing your comments into the blogs spam folder. I believe they track you by your url or email address. Change those on one of the sites and see if it takes it. If you have been marked as a spammer I believe you can email them and ask to be removed. (I think)

2) The other possible reason is that the moderator reviews each comment before it goes live. Thats what I do and it occasionally takes a couple days.

Good Luck
    Ok, thanks. I'll give it a shot. I know it's probably not due to the moderator waiting for approval because some of the blogs I have made enough posts on that my comments go up automatically (until recently).

So, I'll check on the Akismet and see if they will un-block me.

Thanks!

Is Still Alive silver trophybronze trophy RetroNetro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are comments appearing other than yours? Maybe they have a problem and do not even know it. Email the admin at the the blog you have made 20+ comments on and ask them what the issue might be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BPartch View Post
    Are comments appearing other than yours? Maybe they have a problem and do not even know it. Email the admin at the the blog you have made 20+ comments on and ask them what the issue might be.
    No, other comments are showing. I can obtain a new IP and leave a comment with a different user name, email, and domain URL.

I'm pretty sure I somehow got placed on the blacklist.

I've contacted Akismet and requested them to remove me from the black list. But I've read that this can take months.

Thanks for your help, though. I appreciate it.