SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: RTF to HTML...?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings, my grandmother recently asked me if I knew how to convert an RTF file (word document) to HTML without losing the structure that she made in the word document. She's a geneaologist and so she made a family tree-like thing. But, now she wants to make it into an html file to put on her website. Does anyone know how to do this? if it is even possible... ? thanks in advance for any and all help...

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Microsoft Word should have a feature where it converts the page for you. Try saving the doument as an "HTML Document" under "Save As."

Richard

------------------
    richard@brevig.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i believe we tried that... but it just gave us a bunch of garbled computer talk and a lot of {'s and }'s... Is there maybe a program out there somewhere that could convert it? I tried to copy and paste into a WYSIWYG editor, but it didn't quite work... it gave me garbled computer talk as well... If it works for someone else that you can just hit "save as HTML..." please tell me. cuz, it didn't work for me, and i'd assume she would have tried it as well...

Kat's Meow Senior ******* WebKat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you use Dreamweaver 3?

If you do then it has an option to import 'Saved as HTML' Word documents and then choose the feature 'Clean up Word HTML' with basic and detailed specifics to check for and replace specific formatting.

Worth the try...

------------------
    Dlynn ~SitePoint Moderator~
    PawPrint Designs by WebKat
    "Let's keep Ethics on the Web"

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WebKat, I personally don't use Dreamweaver 3, but I do believe my grandmother does... Thanks for that little tidbit. I'll run it by her