SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    blogger does that? how can they? do they have the right?

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john.smit00 View Post
    blogger does that? how can they? do they have the right?
    It is their service, they can do what they want with it

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy Nadia P's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Content Seed is another package that allows the client to update their own websites. Very easy to set up in existing websites, (without having to go down the WP or Joomla route) .

Why redo a whole website if it's already been created, when you can use something like this to add to the page for easy client editing. Allows you to set up parameters where the client can't touch, so that the layout doesn't get blown apart as well :-)

Nadia

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia P View Post
    Content Seed is another package that allows the client to update their own websites. Very easy to set up in existing websites, (without having to go down the WP or Joomla route) .

Why redo a whole website if it's already been created, when you can use something like this to add to the page for easy client editing. Allows you to set up parameters where the client can't touch, so that the layout doesn't get blown apart as well :-)

Nadia
    Interesting but I think Adobe Contribute has the advantage in two important ways.
    1) A more polished (looking) tool and will work on any site, ASP, .NET, PHP, CFM, etc...
    2) A more intuitive interface. Once you've set up your sites, there is no logging on... Either you're qualified to work on the site or your not. Looks like a web browser with a big edit button at the top. Browse to the page you want to edit and click the edit page. Once you're done, either save it a as a draft to review or publish

I'm a way bigger fan of CMS systems that use a database and server side scripting but for editing static sites, I don't think Contribute can be beat.
    Andrew Wasson | www.lunadesign.org
    Principal / Internet Development

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy Nadia P's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awasson View Post
    I don't think Contribute can be beat.
    I agree, Contribute is very good... however, the price may be prohibitive for some clients for just the occasional update - hence, I and many other developers who are Adobe product devotees :-) looked at Contentseed and found it a very useful little app - particularly as it supports various server models.

Nadia

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia P View Post
    I agree, Contribute is very good... however, the price may be prohibitive for some clients for just the occasional update - hence, I and many other developers who are Adobe product devotees :-) looked at Contentseed and found it a very useful little app - particularly as it supports various server models.

Nadia
    Oh... I must have missed something in the pricing for Contentseed. It looks like it sells for $149 which was what Contribute used to cost. Now I see Contribute is $199 so there is a slight cost advantage for Contentseed.

I'm pretty sure I used Contentseed for ASP on a client's site about a year ago... I'll have to look into it a bit further.

Thanks for the clarification,
    Andrew Wasson | www.lunadesign.org
    Principal / Internet Development