User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Developing image tint functionality for a wordpress site

Hi,

I've been asked if i'd be interested in doing some development work for free (with some possible exposure and follow on work being the carrot). The project is to take an existing wordpress CMS and build in the ability to tint images on the fly. I've zero experience with wordpress or image tinting (think imagecolorallocate should do the trick for the tinting part) but i have developed a few custom cms myself, so hopefully i'd be capable enough. I've seen a couple of AJAX based image editors which have some colour filters etc and could possibly be helpful.

Anyway, i've been told that this should only take around 5-6 hours to develop and i'm wondering if that is a reasonable estimate or whether i should be wary about this turning into a much bigger job (which i won't be getting paid for!)? Any feedback would be great guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might take 5-6 hours if you are familiar with WordPress and Image functions (probably less.)
    Honestly, I wouldn't get into it unless I'm getting paid or the exposure is relatively high.

It sounds to me like they just want it done for free and are trying to bait you with the whole "youll get exposure (probably very little)" trick.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i'm not too keen on doing something for free when i don't know how long it's actually going to take me. I'll take a look at the Image Manager plugin for Wordpress and see if i feel confident about adding the tint functionality to it - if not, i'll probably give this a miss in case it turns into a nightmare