SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>Originally posted by Flywaver:
    they totally thrashed twice our databases and ColdFusion coding and we got a stats software for an amazing 3 weeks out of a year period. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ugh, Cold Fusion? I guess you're on an NT host...run for your life! Unix man...Unix.

------------------
    Chris Bowyer chris@mycoding.com
    MyCoding.com: Visit for Launch Notification!
    DomainMailings.com: Who Says All The Good Ones Are Taken?
    MovieForums.com: Talk About Your Favorite Flicks!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys,

I purchased the UltraBoard 2000 last month and I am still waiting for any help in installing it on an NT server; my host never replied to my e-mails in regards to the setup, I even had to purchase the software while they sait they were offering the service for free!

Anyways, I really need help on setting it up on an NT server asap...I lost a full month of opportunities and while I was waiting my main competitor installed a fresh new message board, which makes me lose a LOT of fans.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if possible, we would like to be hosted for at least the message board (we will pay for it)...I really need things to get moving and you have no ideas on how furious I am of my host.

Cheers!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, who's your host? Sounds like whoever it is is to be avoided. Also, why did you choose UltraBoard? I know, I know, it's a good one, but help with the thing always seems to depend on the mood Jacky's in.

There's a place that says they host UltraBoard free:
    http://homepagetools.com/ultraboard/

------------------
    "Whatever can be said can be said clearly." -- Ludwig Wittgenstein

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My host is Gamer's Alliance. they totally thrashed twice our databases and ColdFusion coding and we got a stats software for an amazing 3 weeks out of a year period.

This is to name a few...and it's not like we didn't drive any traffic to them, with an average of 20 000-30 000 hits/day at a time. When I saw that the tech support decreased to the point of being non-existent I then sort of abandonned my site. Now I came back at full throttle but we still have many unresolved issues and we are looking for alternatives.

Anyways, thanks for the link but this is for getting a free UltraBoard while I only need to get mine hosted.

Cheers!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hehe...as much as I would like, I am not the guru of coding; I don't know CF, ASP or Perl/PhP so I need to rely on my partner.

Right now what is the most important issue is the message board, if someone wants to host us for a small fee per month it would be great. I can't afford a 15+$/month as we are in a decisional phase but if we get a nice offer we will consider it.

Cheers!