SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to upload properly MySQL database to WordPress?

I just recently bought a website and Iím having a problem with the website not showing up.

I installed Wordpress through Fantastico, dropped the tables in MyPhpAdmin and imported the SQL file sent by the seller. All went smoothly but when I visit the address, nothing shows up.

Is there something I missed? Should I install manually? Should I add the database first before installing Wordpress?

Thank you very much. Hope to hear from someone soon.

Pat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try configuring the DB config...

check the dbname, the user, and the pass..
    Uniquely FILIPINO... See how talented and creative Filipinos are.
    http://www.smalltym.com
    Custom Web Designs:
    http://proweaver.com

Guru in training bronze trophy SoulScratch's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look for any conf/config.php files and update that with the correct settings. Turn on error_reporting( E_ALL ) to see any errors being thrown. Ensure you have no typos.
    Cross browser css bugs

Dan Schulz you will be missed

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pat3ck View Post
    I just recently bought a website and Iím having a problem with the website not showing up.

I installed Wordpress through Fantastico, dropped the tables in MyPhpAdmin and imported the SQL file sent by the seller. All went smoothly but when I visit the address, nothing shows up.

Is there something I missed? Should I install manually? Should I add the database first before installing Wordpress?

Pat
    i suggest you should buy a hosting plan from godaddy, since wordpress always update. godaddy offer free installation and update of wordpress. very easy to use. just click a botton, easy as 1 , 2, 3 lol

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pat3ck View Post

Pat
    also http://install4free.wordpress.net/ this site offer free installation of wordpres.