User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Errorno: 256

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I am sorry but I am so busy right now, if it is alright I can look at it on the 2nd week of August.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi ok no problem, will contact you around that time. thankyou

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are you following the same book? and are you using vista?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys,

Just wondering if you had any luck with this one yet, if it helps I was following this book without issue using Windows XP, upgraded to 7 and started to get this issue. Followed countless fixes with no results to speak of

Anyway let me know.

Cheers

Also forgot to mention using the latest XAMP Build
    Last edited by X1F3R; Sep 8, 2010 at 02:15. Reason: Forgot to mention

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by X1F3R View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just wondering if you had any luck with this one yet, if it helps I was following this book without issue using Windows XP, upgraded to 7 and started to get this issue. Followed countless fixes with no results to speak of

Anyway let me know.

Cheers

Also forgot to mention using the latest XAMP Build

no im still stuck on this part.

was chapter 5 definetely working for you, on xp?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On XP it was working for me throughout the book, reached chapter 15 without issue then decided on an upgrade to Windows 7, a bit gutted would have loved to finish the book properly.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On XP it was working for me throughout the book, reached chapter 15 without issue then decided on an upgrade to Windows 7, a bit gutted would have loved to finish the book properly.

im now thinking of buying win xp from ebay and install on a separte partition on my pc just to finish this book off. i dont see any other choice apart from that.
    i need an ecommerce site for uni, as part of my final year project.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking the same thing, perhaps using Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 rather than have the seperate partitions. Might work ok?? I've simply given up with trying to fix almost tempted to brave Linux *shudder*.

Anyway keep me in mind should you have any more trouble, might be good to have someone to bounce ideas off with regards to the content of this book.

Best of luck!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking the same thing, perhaps using Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 rather than have the seperate partitions. Might work ok?? I've simply given up with trying to fix almost tempted to brave Linux *shudder*.

Anyway keep me in mind should you have any more trouble, might be good to have someone to bounce ideas off with regards to the content of this book.

Best of luck!
    that may just work for you, i have windows vista and im not sure if virtual pc will work for vista

i will do, thanks

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solved the problem my end! Got rid of XAMPP and installed WAMP2 on Windows 7!!! Was a surprise but I'm not complaining, WAMP feels a little tider to me aswell although locations with regards to config files are located in different places so you'll need to adjust certain instructions at certain points throughout the book.

Hope it works for you DG.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solved the problem my end! Got rid of XAMPP and installed WAMP2 on Windows 7!!! Was a surprise but I'm not complaining, WAMP feels a little tider to me aswell although locations with regards to config files are located in different places so you'll need to adjust certain instructions at certain points throughout the book.

Hope it works for you DG.

great! going to have a bash at installing wamp tomorow as well now. hopefully it'l work my end too. fingers crossed! will let you know of the outcome.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dqsmith View Post
    Hi, I have attached a php_pdo_mysql.dll. you can try this one put it in xampp\php\ext.
    Thanks! Swapping the dll (mine was only three months older) fixed my problem.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    using wamp server istead of xamp works on windows vista for me!

i wanted to know if anyone knows if this site can be loaded into dreamweaver to edit the design a bit? or would the smarty templating engine pose a problem with dreamweaver?