SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A while since....

Hi Guys

I have been a regular reader on these forums although have never had much (read anything) decent to contribute.

I have enjoyed web design for a long time now, however since finishing University, work commitments have meant I have had no time for designing.

The last time I designed everyone was happy with html tables, with background images, Web 2.0 was unheard of!

I was wondering, if anyone can suggest some blogs / articles that would be of use to me as I try to get back into the swing of designing and coding of web pages.

No development at the moment, I will continue to use photoshop and require to go back to basics with html, and definitely CSS.

I know that a quick google search will return lots (possible millions) of results, this is why i ask the good people of SitePoint for a poin in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Liam

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is a good bunch of them in the sticky at the top of this forum: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47900

Quite complete in my opinion

billycundiff{float:left;} silver trophybronze trophy RyanReese's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

It's always good to get back in the flow of things so I don't really think any other links will help you but you might want to specifically check out sitepoints reference on CSS. They have one for HTML too if you want to check it out. Once you get familiar with CSS you can check out this useful site.

Cheers.
    Always looking for web design/development work.
    http://www.CodeFundamentals.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks very much for your help.

I have been looking at the site point books. I am thinking about purchasing html utopia - Designing without tables in CSS and No Nonsense XML Web Development With PHP ( i have a bit of php experience) and I was wondering if anyone had purchased these books and would give an unbiased opinion on them, prior to purchase.

I have purchased site point books in the past and was pleased on the whole.

Thanks

Liam

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have both of them. I don't know if my opinion is unbiased what I can tell you is that if you download the sample chapters you have pretty good idea about how the book is written and quality of the text. Therefore, you will know in advance if you will be able to grasp them or not.

What I like about SP books is the way they are written. They explain everything with simple words and clearly, which is very important when English is not your native language (as it is my case). In addition, they are entertaining which is important if you want to finish the book. And they even teach you something!