User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Some links don't work? Please help

Hello everyone,

I have a minor inconsistent problem.

Once in a while my client calls me and tells me that the links on her site don't work, but its very sporadic a couple of times every 6 months.

http://www.polyplacements.com/

The weird thing is that I can't recreate the problem, maybe its because I'm on a mac.

I have a feeling it might have something to do with flash not loading, or some sort of crappy PC/IE thing.

Has anyone encountered this problem?

I just need a push in the right direction.

Thanks a lot
    Nina

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mean the links in the flash navigation? Is she always having the problem on a particular machine? Does the animation on the links work when she points the mouse over them?
    Tweep List adds an avatar menu to Twitter (open source) ---------- Word Stats shows your most used words on Twitter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey thanks for the quick reply. I just asked her and it seems that it is only the flash component, but on more than 1 machine. She doesn't know what browsers others are running though.
    thanks again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about the animation when mouse is over the links? Could it be a flash plugin issue?
    Tweep List adds an avatar menu to Twitter (open source) ---------- Word Stats shows your most used words on Twitter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if it is a plug-in issue, can I somehow resolve it for her?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you're using some new actionscript 3 code which is not compatible with older plugins. I'm not sure what has changed in AS3 related to linking URLs. Can we have a look at the .fla or the relevant AS code?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've written for down to Flash player 6 and my urls have worked. However my colleague has been making Flash banners and he keeps that stupid target="blank" in there that Adobe finds so wonderful : ( and what this does is if I'm using a browser which automagically blocks "popups" it'll block the Flash too (thinking that it's a popup I guess). Allowing popups for that site cause no further problems, but could this actually be a popup blocker of a particular browser causing the issue?

If so, removing the target attribute will help.