SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, my name is Michael and I am starting a company that is going to require something like what cooltext.com uses, only more basic. Users will enter a word into a text box and have it be processed and turned into a graphical button. The background image is provided but the script has to make the text go on to of it. I heard that the way to do this is to use PHP...with something called GD. I don't really know alot about PHP, and I was wondering if anyone could exaplain GD to me and help me implement it in my situation. Thanks a lot!

Michael

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll definitely want to look into the GIMP and its script-fu scripting language. Check http://gimp.org/docs.html for more information.

The GD library is good for simple things...but not as complicated as what you want, probably.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I have seen GIMP used before. Is it complicated to set up? Also, this guy made what I want using PHP and GD, but he wanted $300 for it! If you use PHP and GD can you change the text properties and everything? I'll look into GIMP. Thanks a lot!