SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How do I make columns work (examples here).

Here are two very good examples that I've been inspired by (look below), but the problem is that I can't mimic the boxes of their portfolio pieces. I have given it a shot, but the after I place the first box the next one starts on the bottom right corner of the image, but that is only because I pushed the margin-left, hoping it would push far enough to jump back up and realign itself to the right of the first box...am i making sense here? sorry! please help! I want to set up a portfolio site or section just like theirs.

Inspiring examples:

ok so i can not post any links yet, cause i am still a new member to SitePoint. Please go to Google and search for design firm called Doejo dot com, and check out their "work" section. That is the first example. Next is Pointful dot CA. THANKS!

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Centauri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To sit block elements like divs side by side, you set a width then float them left.

Ripe Tomatos silver trophybronze trophy Rayzur's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Along with setting a width the first example you gave works because they all have the same height set as well. If heights were not set and the content gave various heights your floats would get hung up.

billycundiff{float:left;} silver trophybronze trophy RyanReese's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might want to go to here and check out the type of 2/3 column layouts Paul has produced.
    Always looking for web design/development work.
    http://www.CodeFundamentals.com