SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Pragmatic Programmer halfasleeps's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notice: This is a discussion thread for comments about the SitePoint article, Ajaxify Your Flex Application.

Theres something wrong with this quiz, if you get all the answers correct, it still tells you, you missed one?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's more like JSing your Flex application. There's really no reason why a Flex application would need to access core AJAX libraries.

SitePoint Enthusiast RachWilson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfasleeps View Post
    Notice: This is a discussion thread for comments about the SitePoint article, Ajaxify Your Flex Application.

Theres something wrong with this quiz, if you get all the answers correct, it still tells you, you missed one?
    Yes, you were absolutely right, there was a small typo in question 3, it was missing one "r". I corrected it as soon as we saw your comments.

You're still in the draw to win the prize since your entry is not dependent on getting all 5 questions correct.

Thanks for your assistance and good luck winning Adobe CS4 and Flex Builder 3 Pro

Oscar
    SitePoint Community Guest
    I try Flex because it release me of the mess that CSS, HTML & JavaScript mean. When I try to think about an application where Flex needs some external feed than a server language can't, then I start to think Flex is useful just for nice transitions.

Paul
    SitePoint Community Guest
    i wanna really want to have that Adobe CS4 Web Premium.. =)

Pragmatic Programmer halfasleeps's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RachWilson View Post
    Yes, you were absolutely right, there was a small typo in question 3, it was missing one "r". I corrected it as soon as we saw your comments.

You're still in the draw to win the prize since your entry is not dependent on getting all 5 questions correct.

Thanks for your assistance and good luck winning Adobe CS4 and Flex Builder 3 Pro
    No problem Thanks
    Altoona Design
    Freelance Flex developer for hire.
    ActionScript Programmer with 8 Years Experience.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    I try Flex because it release me of the mess that CSS, HTML & JavaScript mean. When I try to think about an application where Flex needs some external feed than a server language can't, then I start to think Flex is useful just for nice transitions.
    Well, Flex is no alternative to HTML / JS / CSS websites. It's geared toward heavy web applications rather than lightweight websites.

When you need something feature rich and can afford the file size, SEO issues, then you go for Flex.

If you need something lightweight and simple, go for HTML / JS / CSS. By no means I'm saying that you Flex application equivalents cannot be done in HTML, just that Flex makes it really easy.
    Flex / Flash Tutorials and Components - AlamgirDesigns.com

iThinkUR.com