SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How to keep text format from Dreamweaver to Wordpress?

I keep having this problem whenever I am working in a content management system. Sometimes I want to design a pretty basic HTML page in dreamweaver and then copy and paste the code onto a Joomla or Wordpress page but when I do that it looks nothing like what I created in Dreamweaver. I copy the HTML code from Dreamweaver to the HTML section of the CMS that I am working in but no luck.

Is the website stripping the CSS or am I doing something wrong?

I'm trying to add headlines, tables, change color of text and bold it ect..

I guess as a last resort I could create a separate HTML page and include an iframe but I don't think that would be very good for SEO or the right way to do it.

Any help would be great.

Thank You!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try copying from Dreamweaver to Notepad and then to Wordpress (select the code tab). Let me know if that works.
    WebDesign.fm - my web design blog
    Web Design Inspiration Do Follow Blogs

Follow me on Twitter - Russ Adams

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you copying entire pages of HTML into the CMS' content area? Sticking a full webpage into the middle of the <body> of another full webpage doesn't result in valid HTML.

You will need to take the page you design in Dreamweaver, identify the portions that correspond to the template fragments of the templating system of the CMS you're using, and create a template (or "theme") from your HTML. Then only the body of each page goes into the posts/pages of the CMS, not the HTML of the full page.