SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where to begin assessing functionality of a site my clients likes

My business normally revolves around designing fairly straightforward brochureware type websites. I also have experience with WordPress installs and custom theme design.

A client wants me to quote them a price to essentially duplicate the functionality of this website:

http://www.gesc.com/

The layout, of course, is no issue. But this site (and my clients site also) will need to have the functionality of the Quick Quote feature on the right sidebar of this website.

So, my question is: Where do I start trying to determine just what that functionality is and how to apply it?

Any thoughts, observations or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks as usual!
    Web Design, Marketing, Etc .............

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How about a simple form and Javascript to fill the boxes ... and a backend form to read the information when sent... Just look at the View Source option in your browser. It is pretty straight forward and there are many scripts on the net to do this.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by molona View Post
    How about a simple form and Javascript to fill the boxes ... and a backend form to read the information when sent... Just look at the View Source option in your browser. It is pretty straight forward and there are many scripts on the net to do this.
    True enough,

A form like that shouldn't slow down your design much. A quick 20 minute script could be put together to do something like that (or you could find one online). If you want to do it yourself, a simple php script should suffice, and if not, I can make one for you if you want (probably have time after school tomorrow).

Dylan