SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to create Downloadble PDF graphic on my blog?

I am NOT web savvy, but have been able somehow to pull off a pretty successful blog for sometime with a great amount of traffic. I would love to add free downloadble PDF graphics for readers to print. I've seen other bloggers offer this.

Is there an easy way to do this or am I going to have to learn code? Thanks for your help.

BTW, I work in Adobe Illustrator 10 to create the graphics.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well as far as i know you can export the same from Adobe Illustrator to PDF
    and if that is not possible then you can look for acrobat professional. it installs a virtual printer to your computer and when you say print, even in illustrator, you can select the pdf printer and get the desired output.
    this is how acrobat professional work. if you can get that well and good or else you have to find a free or shareware solution of the same kind.

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pixel.support View Post
    well as far as i know you can export the same from Adobe Illustrator to PDF
    and if that is not possible then you can look for acrobat professional. it installs a virtual printer to your computer and when you say print, even in illustrator, you can select the pdf printer and get the desired output.
    this is how acrobat professional work. if you can get that well and good or else you have to find a free or shareware solution of the same kind.
    Of course, after you generate the pdf graphic, you will need to upload it to your server. You might want to create a special directory for your pdf downloads rather than put them in your blogs image files.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generate the pdf graphics and upload to your server. IF you are using free blogs like blogspot means u must upload to rapidshare

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone.

I know how to create a PDF from my file. And I have figured out the file hosing service. But there are blogs that have free PDF downloads at the click of a link, straight to download, not straight to a hosting site to get the download. That's what I'm looking for: Click on the link in my blog post and the file is instantly ready to download, no other site re-direct.

I blog through blogspot. Any more help is greatly appreciated.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are those other blogs also on blogspot? If they have real website hosting they can upload the files directly to their site. You might consider opening a cheap web hosting account somewhere just to host your files if it's worth it to you for that user experience.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey why don't you try to store them on google doc. and then share them, just give that a try. you will get ample of space. but i am not sure if that can be share with public.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would just show them on the blog and then have a thing underneath each picture sayin download here then just have it as a zip file. Thats what I normally do for things
    Write highly profitable product reviews.
    >>>> http://makemoneypartners.com/review/