SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PHP header warning in wordpress

The problem is when I try to login to my admin area a warning message shows up which reads "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/myusername/public_html/wp-includes/class.wp-styles.php:49) in /home/myusername/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 850".
    Prior to this I installed a plugin called 'wordpress tweaks' .But deactivated after seeing its options.From then I was unable to navigate from that plugins options page.There was no option for me but to close the browser.
    When I tried to login again clearing all cookies the above error began showing.Using FTP I completely deleted that plugin but was of no help.
    What could be the problem?
    Could it be because of the plugin? Because it has the option of removing white spaces in it and I guess this problem has somrthing to do with white spaces.
    Any help is extremely appreciated.
    And I'm not that into PHP coding.But I can understand the issue if anyone just tries to explain the problem?
    But where is the problem?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is usually because there are spaces, new lines, or other garbage before an opening <?php tag or after a closing ?> tag, typically in wp-config.php.
    Wordpress Codex addresses this issue specifically at: http://codex.wordpress.org/FAQ_Troub...ing_problem.3F

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That link was very useful but even that couldn't solve my problem.I replaced the whole class.wp-styles.php file with a fresh wp download file..But to no avail?What actually is BOM.And how to check the encoding of a file?