SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Whistler BC originally from Guelph Ontario
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ODBC and mysql4.0

This is actually two different questions but are related.

1 - How is mysql 4.x. Is it stable enough to bother with the upgrade. I want to start playing with some of the advanced features on a win machine for the intranets I am working on and feel this is the best way for me to go for the time being.

2 - ODBC. This is gonna sound funny but I need some good tutorials on what,why, etc...I would like more details on the ODBC structure and how to use it both on the administration end and on the client side. This question doesn't relate directly to mysql but I do understand mysql has an odbc server. Any suggestions on where to start learning about the odbc. Books, tutorials anything

Cheers guys.
    Maelstrom Personal - Apparition Visions
    Development - PhP || Mysql || Zend || Devshed
    Unix - FreeBSD || FreeBsdForums || Man Pages
    They made me a sitepoint Mentor - Feel free to PM me or Email me and I will see if I can help.

Making a better wheel silver trophy DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) people on vBulletin's forums are using MySQL 4.0 without problems. even though it's Alpha, i think they test it very thoroughly before releasing it (it says they do on the site). i know that if i had my own server, i'd use it without hesitation. that's how confident i am about it.
    - Matt ** Ignore old signature for now... **
    Dr.BB - Highly optimized to be 2-3x faster than the "Big 3."
    "Do not enclose numeric values in quotes -- that is very non-standard and will only work on MySQL." - MattR

Whistler BC originally from Guelph Ontario
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR
    1) people on vBulletin's forums are using MySQL 4.0 without problems. even though it's Alpha, i think they test it very thoroughly before releasing it (it says they do on the site). i know that if i had my own server, i'd use it without hesitation. that's how confident i am about it.
    I was kind of hoping you would respond. Excellent...When I setup the dedicated intranet server I will throw on ver 4 instead of 3.23x.

Can't wait.
    Maelstrom Personal - Apparition Visions
    Development - PhP || Mysql || Zend || Devshed
    Unix - FreeBSD || FreeBsdForums || Man Pages
    They made me a sitepoint Mentor - Feel free to PM me or Email me and I will see if I can help.