SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think?

I thought the easiest way to begin my CSS discovery was to take a domain and build a fictional site and see how it went. There is probably enough content there for everyone to rip apart now

Here it is:

<snip>

So really interested to see what people think, its working ok in most browsers, some its not. I would like to have IE6 & 7 installed on my pc but not sure how to do it.

As I say the site itself is just a bit of fiction so dont waste your energy commenting on the content or graphics, I know the design is a bit rubbish, its the layout using CSS and what I need to do better that is more worthy of comment

Thanks

Lee
    Last edited by AutisticCuckoo; Jan 18, 2009 at 23:40.

SitePoint Evangelist ferrari_chris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You say you can't get IE6 or IE7 installed. Are you on a Mac or a Linux environment?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry also meant to say that not all pages work yet, so if you find one missing it probably is.

I have not posted the CSS yet simply because I am interested in seeing what the pro's can see as being wrong on the site just by looking at it.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari_chris View Post
    You say you can't get IE6 or IE7 installed. Are you on a Mac or a Linux environment?
    I have IE 8 beta at the moment, what I meant was that I would like to have 6 and 7 installed as well so I can test the site in all of them seeing as both are still widely used, but I read somewhere you cant have 2 or more versions of IE installed.

SitePoint Evangelist ferrari_chris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah yes. I see now you did say "on my pc".

My bad. Sorry.

Design Your Site Team bronze trophy Erik J's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have IE 8 beta at the moment, what I meant was that I would like to have 6 and 7 installed as well so I can test the site in all of them seeing as both are still widely used, but I read somewhere you cant have 2 or more versions of IE installed.
    You could try the Internet Explorer Collection or the popular IETester for testing in versions up to IE8.
    Happy ADD/ADHD with Asperger's

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, but site reviews are only allowed in the Website Reviews forum. Make sure you read the sticky guideline thread in that forum. You need to write three reviews before you can request one of your own.
    Birnam wood is come to Dunsinane