User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something new... please?

Hello Everyone

I'm new to this site and am amazed at this community. I've been designing websites for years by myself and I am always looking at pioneering something new - taking old and traditional concepts to use in new ones - but right now I'm stuck.

I would like to make a graphic artist profile for myself. I've started with zenon.tk (type in browser to see) but I've realized that I need something new and refreshing - but simple at the same time. I'm completely stuck on this issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zenon, the first thing to consider is what type of clients you are looking to get?
    My Blog - Entrepreneur, Marketing, Health, etc.
    Latest Blog Post:
    How to find Sales Prospects on LinkedIN (374 views)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well... my clients are normally small business startups but I would like to think that they have an eye for graphic design.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I mean is, you can get away with a much darker feel to your portfolio if your clients are primarily musicians, or artist types.

Corporate clients usually look for a clean, classy portfolio.
    Latest Blog Post:

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh... sorry now I get what you mean... yes I'm looking to change it to a more cleaner, white and glossy portfolio thats why I needed to change it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if you post some design comps, I'll be glad to give you feedback on each.
    Latest Blog Post:

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ehh... what do you mean design comps.... I'm merely looking for some new ideas... something a little... um.. different?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Design comps: samples of concepts you are thinking about using. You can produce them or you can just link to ones you have found that others designed.
    Latest Blog Post:

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no the problem isn't getting a good design ... its lookin for something new and fresh.... Im just lookign for ideas...

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The best thing that you can do is ask your public what they would like to see and what they expect or what they consider original.

Furthermore, you can show your previous jobs and ask their opinion about them (what they like about them, what they don't, what needs to be changed)

It will be more interactive and it will be good learning for you as well.

Another thing that you can do is to play with them... As an example: "Which site fits with a medical center?" Then you show them a few of you past works (one including the right one) and let them choose what they think it fits best with their idea of a medical center... if they get it right, fantastic, if they get it wrong... you give them the correct answer and a brief explanation about the job...

That would have the advantage of being a good input for you. You will know if your sites will be successful because people will see what they expect to see.

After all, being original and all that is great, but you can't step too far from people's expectations. If their learning curve to use a site is too tought, they get bored and go somewhere else.

whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also, don't forget that design review requests have to be made in the appropriate forum. To put a design review request in, you must first post 3 quality reviews in the forum you wish to post