SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yes definitely there is lots of success in designing templates. For example, proxy templates would be awesome, I know a friend who sells them for $15 to $20 each, unique proxy templates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is money in anything in this world.

You can become a millionaire selling pencils on the street. You just have to be dedicated, determined, and skilled at what you do.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think the owner of elegantthemes dot com (cant post links) has over a hundred of customers, though his subscription is just way too cheap if you look at what it gets you. I think that if you can make themes of such quality, theres bound to be a decent source of income to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirmullick3 View Post
    Oh yes definitely there is lots of success in designing templates. For example, proxy templates would be awesome, I know a friend who sells them for $15 to $20 each, unique proxy templates.

Out of interest - what are proxy templates? I had a look at some results on google but I can't figure out the intended usage, is it something to do with google adsense?

cheers

The Mind's I ® silver trophy Dark Tranquility's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyjai View Post
    How come monstertemplate.com is not included in there?
    it's number 11!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll surely earn tons of money through creating different templates in the web. I know someone who earn lots of $$$ through creating design in different social networking sites like friendster.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yup..it was the one criteria ,,,for designing templates

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is money in anything in this world.

You can become a millionaire selling pencils on the street. You just have to be dedicated, determined, and skilled at what you do.
    Right, it's just coming up with good ideas to get people interested in what you do, and convince them that you will provide them the best (and do!).

You'll surely earn tons of money through creating different templates in the web. I know someone who earn lots of $$$ through creating design in different social networking sites like friendster.
    this is an example

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think you will make much money at this point in time there is so many good templates for free.. and so many more for fairly inexpensive.

Plus you have people in India and Asia willing to build and sell templates for a dollar or 2 an hour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Making templates for CMSs (specifically Wordpress) is where it's at. There is definitely a niche for it.
    Creative Strategies & Branding
    Visit our Virtual Office! - Follow me on Twitter

Creative Design, Full Color Printing, Cust. Service Consultancy

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes and no. Obviously a lot depends on your market, your skill, the quality of your product, etc. As has been said, you can make money but you can also lose money.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to echo what a previous poster said about doing templates for cms's that haven't got suppliers of good templates.

I was doing a bit of work in dotnetnuke before but switched to Joomla because of the great template suppliers like rockettheme and joomlart.

Dotnetnuke does have a marketplace but the templates available on it are just boring and uninspired with no wow factor at all.

Most of the people developing using dotnetnuke are coders like me who are all fingers and thumbs when it comes to css and good use of colour...

And what about expressionengine ? its really hanging when it comes to templates...

Also the whole area of asp.net themes is practically devoid of decent support.. I know that doing a lot of asp.net stuff as I do that I'd gladly pay for a few good themes so I could just prototype up a few things without having to go buying infragistics or teleric controls..

Anyway, hope this helps,
    Vida

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Selling templates is still possible to make money but like the 2nd post said you should sell your templates on your own websites and on well exposed websites. The problem with themeforest is you only get 20% of sales or something there about.

I have been selling templates on themeforest and have had 18 sales so far (2 templates up) which is $270 worth in total for two templates (if 100% commission is given). So if you combined themforest with private sales you could make some good money. Atleast thats what I hope and plan on trying out.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, to some extent i contradict some people out here that you make good money selling templates unless you are a template selling giant like templatemonster and templatesbox to name some..

just my verdict.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it is pretty hard to make living just by selling templates, however, templates is a good advertising to your own web design company. There are tons of free templates that are way better than paid ones and a few top free theme designers have very well recognized web design companies. If you are doing it for living, you'll have to compete with those who do it for fun, advertising and backlinks. In order to succeed, you really need to stand out from the crowd.

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peersignal View Post
    Yes and no. Obviously a lot depends on your market, your skill, the quality of your product, etc. As has been said, you can make money but you can also lose money.
    Like in any business

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to know about money making system in this forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is lots of money in designing templates check rentacoder regularly you will get bids for wordpress themes.

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by desigac View Post
    I just want to know about money making system in this forum
    You shoud then check the Advertising sales and Affiliate forum, where those subjects are widely discussed http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

There are definitely ways to make money creating templates, but I've had the best success by having a buyer, either directly or indirectly.

Two relatively easy business models that would capitalize on well-coded WordPress themes:

1. Sell your theme to a site like Smashing Magazine or Tutorial9. They both are looking for high-quality freebies to give to their readers, and they both pay (I think around $150 per theme). They're obviously very selective, but if you're good, you can establish an ongoing relationship with them.
    2. Use free themes to drive traffic to a custom theme sales page (or some other revenue model).
      Quote Originally Posted by graphical_force View Post
      Even if there is no real money to be made, the fact that you would have a link to your website would be a nice bonus and that could be valuable.
      I have definitely found this to be true. I've released three (mediocre, IMHO) themes that have a link to my site at the bottom, and now I have bunches of backlinks. I get some traffic directly through the links, and increased search engine traffic thanks to the SEO effect of all those backlinks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to find a service provider that offers blogs to their clients and offer to make a small core set of themes and be available to customize them for a flat rate.
    I just got brave enough to "hang out my shingle" recently, and I quickly discovered that this business model is most likely a good one.

You know, people don't really want to pay for design or customization work most of the time. I mean, then tend to not value how long it takes to do something or what's involved. With so many free things and do-it-yourself, I find a lot of people who want lots for little. I'm sure others here have as well. But packaging things for a flat fee I think has its advantages for both sides.

Yes, there are lots of WP tweakers and designers. There are hundreds of free templates and you can take one of these and tweak it to look and function the way you want. I don't see any reason for me to take the time to reinvent the wheel by creating new templates when there are others out there who do it and do it well. Some day I may venture into playing with making one of my own, but for now, I just like to customize and tweak existing.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is possible for the theme maker to make alot of money,more in the blogging momentum right now,the making money inside strategy I think wont be that different that other business that build to make fortune,differentiations,customer locality and words of mouth this I think what makes the 'money think come respectfully

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how to sale templates?

and will share with me wats the genuine affiliate program...

SitePoint Member interactivewebs's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of people doing it and lots making no money with loads of hard work. I suggest you work a way to be different from the mob.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to sell design template on eBay, i sell designed template and also custom template according to the customer,but i should say that design is a hard work for different people have different stardard. So i didn't continue