SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Enthusiast Marcellpurham's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say go with t35 dot com its only 5 bucks a month and you get unlimited disk space. Ive been with them since 2008 and have had no problems with them. if you do not want to pay you zymic. they're free but you have to setup everything on your own

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusho00 View Post
    I need suggestion about web hosting. Actually I am just a learner about this now. And need help to learn this from all of u to develop my skill about this.
    you can start by signing up to 1and1's beginner package. are you going to make a website or a blogsite?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Different kind of website require different kind of hosting. If anybody says that one or two hosts are the best in the world, don't believe them. If you are having problem choosing a web hosting to use, I suggest you do the following:

1. Go to the webhost review sites such as webhostingjury, hostingsthatuck or webhostinggeeks and list down about 3 to 5 common top hosting companies.

2. Next, for each web hosting X, do a “X sucks” search on Google. Read some complaints and see if you may encounter the same problems like them. Some of the complaints may relate to certain groups of users only such as VPS, dedicated server users or resellers. So you may not be affected if you are not from these categories. You also do this to remove the web hosts who paid to get on top of some review sites.

3. Eliminate those hostings you feel uncomfortable with, and look for the best bargain hosting for your money and requirements.

If you need a shopping, most of them will have somekind of one-click install for one of the popular shopping cart applications. You can start with Justhost, Fatcow and Bluehost in your research.

Good luck.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As has been posted here, the best host depends on your requirements and skill level. Things to consider:

1. Bandwidth requirements (and remember that nothing, in reality, is "unlimited" no matter what they say).

2. Disk space requirements (ditto above).

3. Email requirements, including spam protection levels.

4. Data Integrity - Backup Requirements.

5. Control Panel preferences (Plesk, CPanel, etc.)

6. Hand-Holding requirements

7. Interconnection between hosting and design and SEO assistance.

I've found that, over time, folks will "graduate" from the free to the cheap; from the shared to the dedicated. The more important your website, the more control and assurances you require.

gckmac
    Small Community on Dedicated Server - www.maine.info/hosting

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second the FatCow suggestion. I have been with them for years and they have been great. Loading times and uptime is decent, but the support is second to none. They go out of their way to help me.

Hope this helps.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that shared hosting is the best option to start. But you have to be very careful about the service.

We've tried MANY hosting providers over the years. Most have great support, often unlimited bandwidth. Some are fast, but not stable.

I prefer PowerDNN, as we use DotNetNuke a lot for our Web sites. They are fast. We have graduated to a dedicated server costing hundreds per month, but we started with the shared hosting at PowerDNN.

They may be a bit more expensive than others, but if you want SPEED and unlimited bandwidth, this is a good option.
    Last edited by spikeZ; Sep 10, 2009 at 07:30. Reason: links in your sig please

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I can offer you unlimited space, unlimited bandwidth and unlimited MySQL databases. Normal price would be £9.99 a month, but it will be free for a limited time only. I'm starting a new web hosting company, and I'm offering free web hosting to web designers or webmasters who help me test the system, before I start advertising it to the world, etc... It's mostly finished, but it would be good to test it before I spend too much on advertising... if you're interested, let me know your email/contact details, or email me through my web hosting website - 1and1webhosting.biz. Thanks