User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SQL Consultant gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nhynes57 View Post
    Anybody have any luck with paid ads on Facebook?
    yes, i actually bought something from a paid ad on facebook, so it does work

rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL
    "giving out my real stuffs"

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best way to promote you business is create another profile and bang on some good looking girl. Just talk about your site and you won't believe how much attention you'll get from people (Especially the guys).

I've noticed that many companies do this on MySpace as well as Twitter, many people fall for it. I've never done this myself, but if you want to do it "in a clean way" I'd suggest making an application like other suggested.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone I work with has had great success with the paid ads on facebook, and he even prefers them to PPC now. Very targeted ad campaigns are possible.

I think I read once that there is some VISA app you can add that will give you $100 free facebook ad credit.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirgo View Post
    The best way to promote you business is create another profile and bang on some good looking girl. Just talk about your site and you won't believe how much attention you'll get from people (Especially the guys).

I've noticed that many companies do this on MySpace as well as Twitter, many people fall for it. I've never done this myself, but if you want to do it "in a clean way" I'd suggest making an application like other suggested.
    yeah, I also noticed that. and there are some who will send you messages like, hey! how was the party last night? then you replied and asked them about it and they replied pretending that he know you until that person will tell you about their business.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nhynes57 View Post
    Anybody have any luck with paid ads on Facebook?
    Tried once...no luck. I guess it depends on your business niche.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you can get traffic to your website from facebook by joining the groups which are relevant to your sites....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a number of social networking sites so dont just focus on one. If you want to promote your site network with others like you and your friends, be normal do your thing dont just be all business otherwise people will look at you as spam and eventually you will waste your time.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The BEST way is to start up groups that are relevant and helpful and have members join. Then give them daily tips and strategies. Make them feel like they are getting something and then upsell them every once in a while.
    Explosive Facebook Application Viral Business
    30% Conversion Rate Hits to Sales on $6 Month Product
    Huge Residuals, Everyone Wants
    http://www.moneytochat.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tordon View Post
    What are some of your best ideas for generating traffic via facebook and other social networking sites.

please share

Post links everytime. You can add your links to your websites or affiliate links on your profile account, this is allowed. Or create a FB group so you can create an list of FB members to broadcast to regularly.
    Earn $1000/month? Visit us:Affiliate Marketing

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried once with paid ads, got 15,000 impressions and 35 clicks to a playstation games site...got 100% bounce rate, 0 clicks, and no time on the site.

Basically people would click and close the window. Not even a bite. Not sure how those people with "make money online" ads actually sell anything.
    Truthful Review of Regcure
    Protect and Clean your PC for fast performance
    Compare Registry Cleaners - RegcureReview.ca

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet I try to join facebook advertising before.,the buzz online spread badly about them and Idont think it will change soon,facebook has put more and more inconvenience to there client ,include me when tey just banned my content only for me and move it to there own collections

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Promote Business with Facebook

Other than posting photos on your Facebook profile of your product to show potential clients, what else can I do with Facebook to promote my business?

Thanks, Karen

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhysboy84 View Post
    By not looking to promote?

Chances are the people on facebook are your friends. They probably wouldn't like you spamming. Contribute, be sociable and for god sakes be yourself on facebook. If you get a bit of business through it, be greatful. However, don't go in looking for it!
    I agree with that. A few real estate agents that I know kept posting "IF your looking for a house or know anybody....." (you get the picture) and their friends list was getting smaller everyday and they couldn't figure out why.....I wonder!? One person even asked my associate if they could stop posting this on their profile(obviously not very Facebook literate)lol.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    add groups to your profile and join with some communities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An application, a fan page and posting links or videos will be the best strategy that I have in mind.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else that has bought from an ad on facebook?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are some of your best ideas for generating traffic via facebook and other social networking sites.

please share
    You can add more friends and then send emails to them inviting them on your websites or you can post links to your site or add them to your daily updates. Say, if you have a new blog post o product and service you promote, be sure to post it in your daily updates intended for what you are doing.
    Earn $1000/month? Visit us:Affiliate Marketing

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else that has bought from an ad on facebook?
    I did and this was before the PPC. It was based on impressions and I only got 2 visits, out of the 10,000 impressions I bought, to the website that I was tracking and one of those was a bounce. I haven't used the PPC on there yet but I'm sure it would be a better use of your money the the impressions. Just think how many impressions are wasted when someone is quickly clicking through a photo album!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your advice , keeping helpful info is important.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Creating app accoding to your site. Make the app small and usefull but it releates to your site any how. As facebook is a community, you will get many peoples who can be interested in your app and then your site.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does people mean by "develope app" to promote your product? I cant see what does it have to do with facebook.. maybe because i dont know nothing about facebook. Can anybody explain me please about developin apps (im a software developer)?

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Join related groups and participate in all discussions. Always be active in your selected group and add friends to your profile.

Quote Originally Posted by yenerich View Post
    What does people mean by "develope app" to promote your product? I cant see what does it have to do with facebook.. maybe because i dont know nothing about facebook. Can anybody explain me please about developin apps (im a software developer)?

go to your profile and choose Applications

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facebook isn't an immediate traffic generator but over time you can start to get traction. Mostly, find friends with similar interests and get to know them. Post updates in your status, invite people to groups, get them to join fan pages.

Facebook apps, if done well, can of course take off incredibly but it takes a lot of work.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the idea about creating a profile with nice girl photo - cool trick)

SQL Consultant gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guyro View Post
    find friends with similar interests and get to know them
    that's an oxymoron

unless, of course, you're operating in myspace mode, where you become "friends" with as many total strangers as possible

rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL
    "giving out my real stuffs"