SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Liquidweb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liquidweb

I have had several servers with them and the support is amazing and the pricing is okay too.

Here is a link : http://www.liquidweb.com/

I can only advice anyone to take a look at them... they are great, never had any issues with them.
    Last edited by fionix; Jan 13, 2009 at 06:13. Reason: add link :)

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had some friends who used to use there dedicated server and they were blown away by the speed of the servers that these guys have. I have never used them, but they seem to be on the up and up.
    --------------------

Web Hosting Reviews, News and Articles
    www.kubus.net

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy ldcdc's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to read a confirmation of other positive stuff I've read about them. How long have you been using this host?
    HostPeek.com - budget hosts, compared
    CouponsNexus.com - web hosting coupons

Ultra Cheap Hosts | Web Hosting Reviews Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have been with them for several years, started with the first server in the beginning of 2007 and just put up more servers, everything works perfect, never seen or expiring such a customer support.

They answer support tickets within 15 to 20 min. If you need to upgrade your server, they will do it within the hour if you want. Never ran into any troubles with them.
    Even while one of the servers crashed in a weekend, they replaced it within a few hours that’s awesome support.

Only minus was, while I upgraded one of my servers, I asked for just to buy the 2 GB extra ram I needed, because I would like to keep the monthly costs down, that’s not possible at all with them, I now pay $50 for 2 GB additional in my server. That means annually $600 lol.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well aside from the price, Liquidweb is the best of the best. I have tested different web hosting, probably 6-7 web host companies and I must admit liquidweb is the best among them all. They always replied to my support ticket max. 15 minutes after I created it, no matter whether it's day or night. Their server is very stable too, no issue so far.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so glad to hear this. I signed up with them last night to be a cPanel reseller - mostly because I have lots of sites on lots of hosts, and want to combine them in one place.

Now I just have to figure out how to move sites with databases ...

Amanda

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are in the top 10 http://www.top10dedicatedhosting.com/

Certified Ethical Hacker silver trophybronze trophy dklynn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    dc,

That's not a good sign! Top 10 type of websites have a reputation for promoting hosts who pay for their listing. BE WARY!

[Note: Not to be construed as a reflection on LiquidWeb - just a warning to members to be skeptical.]

Regards,

DK
    David K. Lynn - Data Koncepts is a long-time WebHostingBuzz (US/UK)
    Client and (unpaid) WHB Ambassador
    mod_rewrite Tutorial Article (setup, config, test & write
    mod_rewrite regex w/sample code) and Code Generator

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dklynn View Post
    dc,

That's not a good sign! Top 10 type of websites have a reputation for promoting hosts who pay for their listing. BE WARY!

[Note: Not to be construed as a reflection on LiquidWeb - just a warning to members to be skeptical.]

Regards,

DK
    The hosts on these sites are not paying for a listing, but they have a very good affiliate program! Simple!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, LW is a top notch provider - we have a vps and everything is fine for some years now!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard many good things about liquidweb but I find their prices way too high as compare to other providers.

Just take their shared hosting as example, 1GB space with 60GB transfer and the price is $15/month... isn't it too high for such specs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jahangir View Post
    I have heard many good things about liquidweb but I find their prices way too high as compare to other providers.

Just take their shared hosting as example, 1GB space with 60GB transfer and the price is $15/month... isn't it too high for such specs?
    You get what you paid for, I don't care if they are more expansive than any other, with "that service" and support it is simply just great and you must be an idiot if you don't jump into their hosting if you web hosting is important for you.

We tried many providers, cheap and expansive, no one, can compete with these guy's..... Do I'm a happy customer?

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fionix View Post
    you must be an idiot if you don't jump into their hosting if you web hosting is important for you.
    So all those who are not with liquid web and hosting is important for them, they all are idiot?

I am not saying they are not good and their support is bad...etc I am just saying they are expensive than others. There are other providers as well who are good in hosting and support but they are affordable in prices for "wider" range of customers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jahangir View Post
    So all those who are not with liquid web and hosting is important for them, they all are idiot?

I am not saying they are not good and their support is bad...etc I am just saying they are expensive than others. There are other providers as well who are good in hosting and support but they are affordable in prices for "wider" range of customers.
    Nope of course they are not... maybe it should have been written some how different..!

I would really like to see a hosting company which is cheaper and which has such a support, and put servers such fast online and which answer even the most stupid ticket's within 15 to 20 min.

As mentioned, I tried many hosting companies during the last 5 - 6 years and everytime it was the same, slow support, un secured server setup, "we will help you" and nothing happend and the list goes on. But sure, there might be other hosting companies which can compete with liquidweb, but I can simply not find them, so if you know a company which has the same level of support and service, I would be very happy to hear about them.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can surely say liquidweb is great because I have used dinohost(.com) hosting who are using liquidweb servers. My sites were opening very fast. But I recently switched to Namecheap because of some reasons and still my sites are opening as fast as it used to be first. I can say a little more fast but can't say slow at all.

But I am on their shared hosting and things definitely change depends on your business and what kind of websites you are running.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are not expensive, it is that the other providers with their unlimited model are too cheap!

You always get what you pay for - if you want more reliability, less overcrowded servers, better performance, or servers that in case of a disaster can be back up and running quickly, then you cannot choose the big boys of overselling.

How many DAYS do you think a hostmonster server will it take to be restored from a backup? Can your business site be DOWN for DAYS?

If you pay something more, this is not going to happen. Period.
    Last edited by 01globalnet; Apr 10, 2009 at 15:05. Reason: typo

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy ldcdc's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but I find their prices way too high as compare to other providers.
    You can usually find some coupons in their ads over at webhostingtalk.com, that help bring their offer close to some of their direct competitors (I'm talking about VPS).

There's a misconception running around. Shared hosting is not about the allocations. Just because you "get" 1000GB for $5, doesn't mean you'll be able to use it. If you get 60GB for $15 and you're able to use them in almost any scenario, it's still huge value.
    HostPeek.com - budget hosts, compared
    CouponsNexus.com - web hosting coupons

Ultra Cheap Hosts | Web Hosting Reviews Forums