SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to monetize my Blogs?

I have 6 blogs with different contents. I have placed adsense in all blogs to get revenue but very lowest earning. How to bring more visitors to blogs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found these article and it's very helpful and I hope this can help you and enlighten you.

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/200...rom-your-blog/
    http://www.entrepreneurs-journey.com...ation-methods/

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try joining an affiliate program. I joined LinkShare, they have a bunch of of great merchants to choose from. Just be sure to market products which are related to your blog's topic.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You need to rope in search engine traffic in order to get more clicks as well as higher payouts for your Google AdSense ads. One of the primary reasons to support that is because traffic from search engines are highly targeted and these are the audience that are very likely to click on your AdSense ads.

On the flip side, you can always monetize your blog via affiliate marketing which you are going to be paid if people purchases something or took an action after clicking on your affiliate links. If you have a consistent traffic and a targeted audience for your blogs, affiliate marketing will be a great monetization channel for you.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Write useful content and make it popular. Things like forum posting can help you as well. Just don't forget to paste in your by line.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    write good content often. make sure you do proper SEO.
    for revenue try bidvertise.com.

SitePoint Enthusiast Tom Lindstrom's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try Kontera, it can be used at the same time with Adsense.Kontera monetizes your content and you will not have any banners.Kontera places text-links inside your content. (kontera.com)

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get some high quality linkbacks to your site and rank high on SERPs. This is how you can get tone of visitors to your website and ccan get thousand of dollars per month from adsense.

wish you all the best..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So many people ask this question, hoping that there's some magic bullet to get people to view their blogs.

Good content. Interesting content. That's all you need. If you have that and generate a small amount of traffic, people will start to take notice. Traffic will grow and your ads will generate more revenue.
    Chris Reynolds
    Crey Design
    Arizona Web Design
    Personal Blog

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you should focus on one of your blogs and try and take it to profitability then you can apply what you have learned to your other blogs

You can make a decent income with adsense on blogs. I just got a google cheque that i'll be banking on monday
    It's about having good content on your blogs. Try and post everyday. Bookmark your posts

Also try and test different positions and formats for your google ads
    Last edited by Ami1; Jan 10, 2009 at 17:52.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you like the way adsense ads look, I would go with Pepperjam Network and sign up with them. They are relatively new affiliate program and you can go to the ads campaign and create an ad that looks like adsense except that you would get a commission for all sales that result in clicks to the merchants that you sign up for. They also have a cool feature right now where if you get people to sign up under you, we each get $ 10.00. If you would like to sign up under me and we both get the money, here's the link:

PJN

To see their adsense like ads in action, go to here: kevinslair.com and you will see them on both the sidebar and bottom of the website. I know it's crude, but I'm working on it. I hope to have more content soon.

You can also pick and choose which merchants you want to have displayed on your blog so the content could match what links are showing.

Thanks,
    Kevin
    I PHP!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do all the seo stuff for your website,
    On page as well off page,
    USE SMO as well.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recommend first deciding which stream you want to gain revenue from, Adsense? CPAs? or both.
    I think you should go for both, read more about proper placing of your ads, whether your niches can even give you good adsense revenue or not.

Choose a CPA network you like, CPAlead, Pepperjam,..... and find programs that suits your topics and market them on your blog.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Include SMO,know well latest technology updates in SEM to achieve greatly for your site

SitePoint Enthusiast dollarshower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a mix of AdSense, Private Ad Sales, Referral links and once in a while one-off paid reviews. I also use a small PTP network.

http://www.dollarshower.com/make-money
    Make Money Blogging tips from DollarShower.com
    Blogging tips, Internet marketing strategies, Search Engine Optimization and Social media

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can monetize your blogs by putting up banner ads for people, adsense ads, affiliate offers on your posts and articles, and you can also sell article posts on your blogs. To get more traffic, post on sites with the blog URL in your sig, or buy ad spots in other blogs with lots of readers. Definitely keep your RSS feed in forums too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sprabhu View Post
    Do all the seo stuff for your website,
    On page as well off page,
    USE SMO as well.
    What is SMO?
    Is it like Search Engine Marketing (SEM) as in ppc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To the OP - the question you asked - "How to bring more visitors to blogs?" - may not be the right question.

Although more traffic is always better than less traffic, you need to start by taking a look at the basics. Who does your blog attract? Once you think you know that, ask yourself "What will my users do that I can monetize?"

Are they adults with credit cards and/or paypal? If so, maybe you can sell them something? Are they young kids reading about their favorite cartoon character? Then PPC is probably better.

As others above have said, to attract users to a blog, you need good content and new content. People won't come back to read the same stuff over and over, and they won't bookmark your blog or subscribe to your RSS feed if they don't find anything useful the first time they visit.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crey_Design View Post
    So many people ask this question, hoping that there's some magic bullet to get people to view their blogs.

Good content. Interesting content. That's all you need. If you have that and generate a small amount of traffic, people will start to take notice. Traffic will grow and your ads will generate more revenue.
    Crey Design,

I was thinking the same thing. If you have good content, the word will spread around. But, how do you get the word out when your website is new? You would have to do some sort of marketing, wouldn't you? Is posting in do-follow blogs the best approach to attract inbound links?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget about Widget Bucks. They're great as well.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crey_Design View Post

I really hope this is true...I've been writing what I see as being unique and valuable content that is also interesting...and traffic has been slow, but I guess in a sense maintaining. I'm starting to use social media, hoping that it will get more attention that way.

Just curious though, in the context of your post, what is an average number for "small amount of traffic?"

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    clickbank with is for affliates
    kontera ads which are inlink ads

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kontera ads are great, they work very well, I tried them with a forum once, you should try that out too.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use adsense for certain places but under my navigation I put ads from different web sites.

SitePoint Enthusiast SubmitMyBlog's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer affiliate ads over adsense...i earn much more, infact I removed adsense to free up room for more affiliate banners. I too will occasionally take a review..that is a good way to make a few bucks .