User Tag List

Thread: Can we use ?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we use ?

Can we use articles available on various article website for our personal website?

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that's the whole point of article sites.

You have to keep the author's bio box intact though, and a lot of the article sites ask you to link back to them too.

Be aware that due to duplicate content issues, any article that you republish on your website is likely to never appear in the search results.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corbyboy View Post
    Yes, that's the whole point of article sites.

You have to keep the author's bio box intact though, and a lot of the article sites ask you to link back to them too.

Be aware that due to duplicate content issues, any article that you republish on your website is likely to never appear in the search results.
    that's right, if you happen to do so and you forgot to include the author's bio then that would be stealing an article from others.
    Hottest Printers and Computer deals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes to be formal you can also add the url where you got your article and have a backlink to it.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    each article submission site has their own rules, and guidelines for using the articles. you will have to find out what the arrangement is before you use them, or you are violating copyrights.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you should probably remember to give credit of some sort and you will be fine.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There's no duplicate content issue to be worried about here. The only duplicate content issue that might arise is when you place the same portion of content under the same domain a few times.

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Liew View Post
    There's no duplicate content issue to be worried about here.
    Yes there is. The search engines will have the link in the search results pointing to the original article on the author's web site. The copy in any article directories and copies elsewhere made from the article directories will be considered to be duplicates of that original copy and so will not be listed in the results (since people searching for the article only need to find one copy and that one will be the first one that the search engine found back when it was the only copy of the article prior to its publication in article directories.
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Liew View Post
    There's no duplicate content issue to be worried about here. The only duplicate content issue that might arise is when you place the same portion of content under the same domain a few times.
    If an article appears on one page of the web and you republish the same content on a different page, I would call that duplicating it.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If an article appears on one page of the web and you republish the same content on a different page, I would call that duplicating it.
    I guess in some way it is duplicating, but you should do more than just copy/paste the article, make a point or edit the article to some high degree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say instead of blindly copying the article and pasting,you know the idea of the article and put it in your own style....Then there would be no issue of duplicate content

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirmullick3 View Post
    I guess in some way it is duplicating, but you should do more than just copy/paste the article, make a point or edit the article to some high degree.
    Quote Originally Posted by sriraj46 View Post
    I would say instead of blindly copying the article and pasting,you know the idea of the article and put it in your own style....Then there would be no issue of duplicate content
    If you do either of these things then you still must acknowledge the original source and give it a backlink. Taking the ideas of somebody else, rewriting them, and passing them off as your own original work is called plagiarism.

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Editing the article would not be permitted. Articles that are made available through article directories give you permission to display a copy of the article. They do not allow you to make any changes to it. Any changes without the article owners permission would be a breach of their copyright.
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best to contact the author first or else you will have to face copyright violations

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    depends if the articles are free to use or not. most of the time a link will do .. but better check in with those guys before you do it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's better to create new content. It's more work, but worth it for the search engine benefits.
    WebDesign.fm - my web design blog
    Web Design Inspiration Do Follow Blogs

Follow me on Twitter - Russ Adams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you long as you keep the author bio and link there, there shouldn't be any problems..

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think yes, by placing a link or the owner's name of the article or the author it will be aloud.