User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide Needed] Wanting to make my first personal website

Hey im new here and have no experience in building a website. I need a very basic guide to doing so. I have seen people with websites that are hosted off their computers and I would like to do the same. I am looking for some way to create and upload a website to "No-ip.com" I want the site to be from scratch and not from some sort of layout.
    I have access to an unlimited number of programs and if i need to buy some that is no issue.

Thank you and goodnight, I will be checking this post in the morning for replies.
    - Digital

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got to experience building a site first. Then use your IP add as your domain....

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What type of site besides personal? what do you want to be able to do with it? are you looking for a blog type, a place to sell crafts or such, or a place that you and your friends and go to voice your option, post images or to live chat?

No matter what type of site your looking for though some of the tools will be the same.

Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Flash are the top main three for the sites creation while
    Apache, php, mysql, zend optimizer are the basic needs for a testing server / web server.
    As far as how too, try
    w3c.org
    lynda.com

Note:
    if you do not want to use an IP address as the URL you need to register a domain then point the name servers to your computer and update it every time your IP changes. Their are services that can update this info for you but I have never used any of them as hosting is not expensive and saves me headaches in worrying.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    imkzru i am fine as using my ip address for my ip i just know that you can redirect it using no-ip. where it says "yoursite".no-ip(.)com or "yoursite".kicks-***(.)net and that is what i would like to do.
    anyways ill take a look at those sites and ill get back to you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalAbsence View Post
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]imkzru i am fine as using my ip address for my ip i just know that you can redirect it using no-ip. where it says "yoursite".no-ip(.)com or "yoursite".kicks-***(.)net and that is what i would like to do.]
    Why on earth would you prefer to host your site like this?