SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need help with php script and or editing

Well I need help with a few things on my forum and I've been editing a php script but I'm a complete newb to it all so forgive me.

I'm creating a community site with own avatar and what not from scratch, you know a site with its own currency and what not. I have it so its on a shared server with a friend of mine, and it has nulavatar, and a couple of other mods installed already.

The thing is though I can't seem to get the avatar working properly, I've uploaded a few of my own images and have implemented them fine and all, but whats happening is that when I go to save the avatar it doesn't change in the actual test forum I made.

Is this a coding error and or
    implementation error? there hasn't been much done in the way of coding really, mainly basic editing and adding of mods.

Many thanks in advance...

M

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to post a lot more information before somebody can help you.

Are you creating this community from scratch or are you modifying an already existing system? You seem to imply both in your post. If it is a modification, what system are you trying to modify?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh well its phpbb2 forum that you can mod I have it uploaded onto my own server and am adding things like shop, nulavatar and what not so it works like a proper community.

Um I think the main problem I'm having is the Nulavatar cos it works in the dressup section for the avi as it will layer items fine there but not when it comes to showing up in the forum section.

Like when you make a post I mean, its showing up as the plain avatar but not with any clothes on... so perhaps its how I've done the layerings?

I'm not sure what else to add sorry

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless somebody comes along here with specific knowledge of the mod you are talking about, your best bet would be to go to the NulMODs website for support.