For those of you that have ever been " formally educated" on a design type course, and for those of you who haven't, do you still use the 5 stage process? It just so intrieging as to how many still use it in the industry. According to my tutor, we will not get far in the industry without doing fully each of the following:
1. Research (including making mindmaps, moodboards, learning about the topic etc)
2. Initial Ideas (sketches on A3 - BY HAND - approx 20 ideas)
3. Developed Ideas (sketches on A3 - BY HAND - developing 2-3 ideas)
4. Final Idea (working out the fine details, again on A3 paper by hand)
5. Producing the final thing.
So, do you abide by the "rules"?