SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Related post type plugin for large wordpress site

I am wondering if there are any blog owners with larger blogs (1k+ articles) that are using a related article/post type plugin or have some kind of custom code to achieve the same thing. How do you guys go about it without killing the server?

I have not tried any yet but it seems as though most of these plugins query everything from title to tags to the actual content in the post. I have heard stories of people who plugged in these widgets and saw there total query time go from .3 seconds to 10+ seconds.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

SitePoint Enthusiast hullabaloo_bard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try YARP related post

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is specifically the plugin where I have heard people complain about performance issues. There is no built in caching system and with 1k+ post sites needing to query that many entries every time, the page loads are killing servers. One guy said his query time went from 1 sec to almost a minute and soon after that the CPU on the server spiked so high that it had to be shut off.

That being said, I see huge sites using some kind of related posts sections all the time... what the heck could they be using?