SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Needy charities in the UK ?

Anyone on here know of any UK small/medium charities that want their websites updating for FREE ?

I want to gain experience and am willing to spend lots of time during the week learning this skill.

Don't want to put any designers/developers out of business !! but if any of you guys hear of any cash-strapped UK charity needing a helping hand OR if any of you have a work overload - you could pass some of it my way ?

many thanks guys.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UK charities on Yell.com: http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAct...ame=&location=

Charities often have money to spend, and they also need a very professional front for their business (yes, running a charity is a business). Take a look at the websites that they currently have, and if you can do better, then approach them.

Other areas to look at are public/private partnerships, like old people's homes, pre-school nurserys etc. These are more likely to be cash strapped than some charities.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks v.much jonbey!
    keep suggestions coming guys ...i'm only UPDATING websites at the mo'

newhere

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Unfortunately I will need to close the thread as you should be posting requests for work in the marketplace section even though you are offering your services for free.

If the question was re-phrased in a broader context about "What is the best way to build a portfolio" then I could have left the thread open but as you have specifically asked for contacts then I need to close the thread.